Chapter 145

Chapter 145 – Why Haven’t You Been in Seclusion Lately?

After sweet-talking for a while, Lu Yaoyao finally saw Lu Qingyu’s mood improve and heaved a sigh of relief before changing the subject: “Daddy, I heard there were traces of devils in Tiangu Valley. Do you know about it?”

Lu Qingyu glanced at the little girl. “I do now.”

“Daddy, be serious, I’m asking a serious question,” Lu Yaoyao said with a stern little face.

“Though your Daddy controls the entire Devil Realm, I don’t keep track of every devil’s whereabouts. The Cultivation Realm is an attractive place; there will always be devils who want to visit and explore.” Lu Qingyu replied nonchalantly, glancing at his daughter as he spoke.

“…But we signed the Three Realms Peace Treaty, right? If they’re just coming to explore, that’s fine, but they won’t cause trouble, right?”

“The treaty only binds those who choose to abide by it. Besides, sometimes it’s not the devils who initiate the provocation.” If others attack first, why should devil stand and take it without retaliating?

Hearing this, Lu Yaoyao became even more worried. “Daddy, issue a command, then. Everyone should abide by the treaty, not harm the innocent, and not initiate attacks on humans or demons… all devils listen to you.”

Lu Qingyu chuckled, “What’s in it for me?”

Lu Yaoyao’s eyes widened. “Honesty and integrity are virtuous traits!” What more benefit is needed?

“We are devils, remember?”

“…If you won’t, I’ll do it myself!” Lu Yaoyao resolved herself. Daddy had once said that she ranked just below him but above all other devils. On top of that, she also had a powerful devil army he gave her!

“Yaqing,” Lu Yaoyao called out, and in the next moment, Yaqing appeared, bowing respectfully, “This Subordinate obeys.”

“Announce my decree. All devils must abide by the Three Realms Treaty, conceal their identities when visiting other realms, refrain from unwarranted exposure, must not harm the innocent, and must not provoke others first…” Lu Yaoyao listed several prohibitions, summarizing at the end, “…anyone found violating these commands shall be punished and locked at the Punishment Hall!”

“Yes, Your Highness,” Yaqing accepted the order and withdrew.

Lu Qingyu clicked his tongue, “Your tone’s so big, huh, kid?”

Lu Yaoyao stood with her hands on her hips, feeling slightly proud. She had confidence. Although the people at his disposal were all provided by Daddy, they completely obeyed her orders unconditionally. Furthermore, her greatest confidence was actually the Devil Venerable himself! She knew she always had her Daddy’s backing. Anyway, if he didn’t approve, he would have stopped her already. Regardless of what he said, Daddy must be just being stubborn!

“By the way, Daddy, can you undo your seal on me? You’ve never removed it, so I have no cultivation. It’s inconvenient for me. What if I face danger when I go out for training? And I also want to learn alchemy. Look how crudely our devil realm treats spiritual treasures; it’s such a waste. Wait until I learn enough alchemy, and I can start trying to make pills suitable for the devil race…”

Lu Qingyu frowned, full of displeasure, “Did your Father remove his?”

“It’s different.” Lu Yaoyao appealed emotionally, “I’m in the Cultivation Realm now. If Father removes my bloodline seal, won’t my devil identity be exposed? According to the decree I just issued, wouldn’t I have to lock myself in the Punishment Hall? We must be fair and led by example.” Lu Yaoyao said a lot. After failing to persuade him with words, she finally played her trump card, “Daddy, don’t you want me to learn to make devil pills? I’ll make them only for you, Father gets none!”