Chapter 138

Chapter  138 – Father and Daddy Are Both Here, How Wonderful

Lu Chongyun’s emotions were fluctuating wildly, and his aura became disordered. Yao Jiuxiao sternly said, “Calm down.”

The uncontrollable aura instantly cooled down. As if Lu Chongyun had been hit in the head, he regained control of his senses.

“Even after all these years, you still can’t let go,” Yao Jiuxiao frowned. While Lu Chongyun was never a talented genius from begin with, his disordered state of mind had caused his cultivation to stagnate over the years.

Lu Chongyun’s age was no longer young; if he didn’t make progress soon, no matter how many life-prolonging pills he took, it would be like drinking poison to quench his thirst, and he would eventually meet the end of his lifespan.

Yao Jiuxiao couldn’t understand why Lu Chongyun couldn’t move on. If it was about revenge, it could be understood why he couldn’t let go, but the mastermind behind the bloodshed had already been brought to justice and the events of the past had been resolved. What was there left to hold on to?

Master and Martial Uncle — even in death, how could they be willing to see Lu Chongyun remain trapped in the past?

Lu Chongyun lowered his head, listening to Yao Jiuxiao’s admonishment.

He was well aware that Senior Brother wanted to help him break through his mental state, wishing for him to let go of the past, but he was reluctant to do so.

Yao Jiuxiao spoke for a moment and then stopped abruptly. For a while, he seemed to want to continue, but in the end, he just lightly said, “Never mind.”

As long as the person himself couldn’t figure it out, no matter how much others said, it wouldn’t help.

Lu Chongyun quickly asked, “Senior Brother, you still haven’t told me who the benefactor is.”

Yao Jiuxiao replied calmly, “No need to mention gratitude; this is what she, as Master’s granddisciple, should do.”

Lu Chongyun repeated this sentence in his mind several times before realizing, “It was my martial niece who brought Second Uncle back?!”

Yao Jiuxiao nodded.

“Well!” Lu Chongyun broke into a chuckle. “As expected of my martial niece! A tiger father wouldn’t have a dog offspring, indeed.” The Abyss was a legendary realm of no return, yet his martial niece had not only returned unscathed but also took back her Grandmaster’s remains. He wasn’t confident that he could accomplish the same feat, as even Second Uncle had failed to do so…

“Since my martial niece has returned, why not bring her to meet me, her martial uncle?” Lu Chongyun said discontentedly. She’s already here, so she should see and greet her elders, right?

His martial niece was truly formidable. At such a young age, her cultivation was so advanced that she could come and go freely without disturbing the sect’s protective barriers. Certainly, she lived up to her father’s reputation.

As Lu Chongyun rambled on, Yao Jiuxiao lowered his gaze and waved his sleeve, transporting Lu Chongyun out of the ice chamber and directly throwing him out of the East Ninth Peak’s territory.

“Senior Brother—”

Lu Chongyun was anxious. Senior Brother used this move every time he mentioned the martial niece. Why couldn’t he see her? What was wrong with him seeing her?

Lu Chongyun’s expression changed, eventually settling into a relieved look. Second Uncle… had finally returned home.