Chapter 131

Chapter 131 – First Time a Father

When Lu Chongyun walked into the study, he immediately spotted someone standing with their back to him. Recognizing the figure, he hesitated for a moment at the threshold and even looked up at the sky outside, only to find nothing unusual. After a moment, he finally entered the room.

Lu Chongyun walked closer to the figure in the room, his curiosity piqued. "What a rare guest. What gust of wind brings my senior brother here?" He asked as he gestured for Yao Jiuxiao to sit down. It was indeed a miracle for a shut-in who had only known to stay in seclusion forever to suddenly appear in his study. He then took a seat behind his desk, preparing for what seemed like an impending discussion. "Alright, Senior Brother. What business do you have with me?"

Having been his junior brother for more than a thousand years, Lu Chongyun knew Yao Jiuxiao very well. His mind was either about cultivation or... cultivation. If not for something important, it was impossible for Yao Jiuxiao to leave his seclusion and suddenly appear here. The last time he had done so was probably a few hundred years ago... no wonder Lu Chongyun was genuinely curious about what could have prompted his visit.

Lu Chongyun poured tea for two, ready for a lengthy conversation.

Yao Jiuxiao's expression was as cold as usual as he remained silent. After a prolonged pause, just when the impatient Lu Chongyun was about to speak again, he finally opened his mouth, "How did you reconcile with Junyang when you had a disagreement and he gave you a cold war?" Asked Yao Jiuxiao in his icy tone.

Lu Chongyun's expression changed abruptly. He understood the meaning behind this unexpected question and couldn't help but bristle. "This Sect Leader, I, never had a disagreement with Junyang!"

Yao Jiuxiao, still with that cold gaze, remained silent.

Lu Chongyun solemnly cleared his throat and put on a stern face. "Junyang is a respectful and obedient disciple. Even if we occasionally have differing opinions, it's always him who makes concessions and takes the initiative to reconcile." How could he, as a Master, bow his head first? Where would he put this old face of his?

Yao Jiuxiao stared calmly, not saying a word as he watched Lu Chongyun's one-man performance with cold eyes.

Lu Junyang was not Lu Chongyun's son, still, it was he who had brought up the disciple when he was merely a young boy. Their relationship was as close as a parent and child, and while Lu Junyang respected and loved Lu Chongyun as a master, there was not a single relationship without conflicts or disagreements.

Lu Chongyun fell silent for a moment before his expression shifted again. "Why are you suddenly asking about this? Did you quarrel with my martial niece?"

Yao Jiuxiao continued his silent stance.

"Are you in a cold war with her? Is that why she refused to return to the sect?" Lu Chongyun frowned.

No words came out from Yao Jiuxiao's lips.

Eyes wide in disbelief, Lu Chongyun couldn't wait to question further. The Senior Brother he knew, the perpetually cold-tempered man with a solitary and reclusive nature, a man obsessed with cultivation to the point of neglecting proper relationship as a person, was actually troubled after getting into a disagreement with his child? Truly... beyond imagination!

Lu Chongyun suddenly burst into laughter, his deep voice echoing in the room and spreading outward. "Senior Brother, ah, Senior Brother, even you have days like these!"

Yao Jiuxiao, who was about to tell Lu Chongyun that his daughter was already a disciple of the sect, silently glanced at this schadenfreude and suddenly chose not to say anything.