Chapter 140

Chapter 140 – A Double Amount of Punishment

Lu Yaoyao stood on her desk, comparing the height of the stack of letters to what she remembered. Satisfied, she confidently placed her hands on her hips — as expected, there was nothing she couldn’t do!

What was so hard about this stack of letters, anyway? She could write even more… well, maybe not.

Lu Yaoyao massaged her wrists. Thankfully, this was the world of cultivation, and her body was much stronger. Otherwise, writing non-stop for so many hours might have ruined her delicate hands.

But even if her hands weren’t tired, her mind certainly was! At least, the content of the letters didn’t require her to rack her brain too much, because most of them were similar to the ones she had written to Daddy with the just slight differences in some places. But it didn’t mean that she wasn’t tired!

Lu Yaoyao carefully packed the letters and stashed them in her small pouch, ready to hand them over tonight. But the sun had not yet set and it was still early evening. Jumping off the table, Lu Yaoyao ran out of the study. She glanced at the sheer curtains hanging in the doorway, partially blocking the sunlight. The warm late afternoon sun cast a gentle glow on the soft cushions on the terrace, making them especially inviting. The terrace was a relaxation spot Lu Yaoyao had personally arranged; when staying indoors for too long, she could come out there and enjoy the scenery. There were soft lounges, cushions, and throw pillows, all of which she could use for sitting, lying down, or any other way she pleased.

Lu Yaoyao walked over and lay down on one of the soft lounges, feeling so comfortable that she didn’t want to get up again. Lu Yaoyao closed her eyes and instantly fell into a deep, sweet slumber. She felt like she had only slept for a short while when her friends’ voices came over, invading her dreams so abruptly.

“Yaoyao? Yaoyao?”

She jolted awake.

Rubbing her eyes, Lu Yaoyao heard Xiao Xingxing’s voice coming from outside her pavilion. She got up and went to the railing, standing on a stool to lean over and look down. She saw her friends standing outside the building. “Muxue, Xingxing, Qianshan!” Lu Yaoyao waved happily. She then turned and quickly ran downstairs to meet them. “Why are you all here?”

Chao Muxue smiled and replied, “We came to check on you.” She noticed the still-visible dark circles under Lu Yaoyao’s eyes and asked with concern, “Have you rested well?”

Lu Yaoyao shrugged, “Thanks for caring, but we’re all cultivators. A few days without sleep won’t affect us.”

She had simply developed the habit of sleeping, but she could go without sleep for a day if necessary.

Meanwhile, Wen Zixing was looking up at the plaque hanging above the main entrance, inscribed beautifully with a strong and exquisite character. As someone who had been practicing literacy diligently lately, he silently read the inscribed name “Ludan Pavilion,” feeling a bit puzzled to find the ‘Lu’ part written in the character that meant ‘Deer’ instead of Lu Yaoyao’s ‘Lu’.

“Oh!” Lu Yaoyao noticed Wen Zixing’s gaze and explained. In the beginning, she named her pavilion after the ‘Lu’ character from her surname, but her senior brothers misunderstood it. After the plaque was installed, Lu Yaoyao went to see it, only to find the name written wrongly. Since the plaque was already hung up, she couldn’t be bothered to change it back. It sounded nice anyway.

“I’ll show you around,” Lu Yaoyao said with great spirit. It was the first time her friends visited her house, and she was very enthusiastic about giving them a tour.