꧁•⊹٭🩸𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 2🩸٭⊹•꧂

Sirens were all that could be heard in the frosty early morning, at 4AM.

The house, 27 Oakwood street, was boarded off with police tape. Curious and worried neighbours crowded around. As an officer, Sean tried to keep them away as to not potentially tamper with crime scene.

~~~

"...A heart around the adams Apple.. is it another case from the phantom..?" Millie, another cop pondered as she looked down at the corpse. His skin white, disfiguring into a pale blue.

Luke sighed as he pulled out a work tablet, scrolling through numerous cases he was in the lead of until he found 'The phantom murders'.

"Millie, hand me that bullet over there." Luke pointed over to a bullet on the floor as he opened a certain photo.

Millie walked over and hesitantly picked up the bloody bullet. The blood on it was now cold. Her brows furrowed as a sense of uneasiness filled her heart. She was a strong woman, she was, and she thought no criminal could ever shake the ground she walked on. But this guy, the phantom, he scared her beyond belief..

"Here- By the looks of things it's from a pistol.." She muttered as she handed it over to Luke, who nodded confirming her suspicion.

He held the bullet next to a photo he had pulled up before nodding.

"This isn't a wannabe, it is the phantom. Look at this Millie." He gestured for her to come over, she leaned over his shoulder as she looked at the tablet.

"The bullets he used have the letter 'Z' engraved on each and every one. It's hard to make out because of the blood, but look, this bullet here has the engraved letter." Luke handed the bullet back to her, shaking his head as he cast his gaze down. 2 years he had been working on this case, since he was just there for an apprenticeship at 19. Even now as an official fully working police officer, he was still working on it. The phantom: The most wanted criminal throughout the whole of America. The name phantom given to him because anyone who witnessed him before, couldn't get him out of their head. They kept hearing his 'manic laugh', they kept seeing him... when he wasn't even there.. like he was a permanent figment of their imagination... nobody knows what he did to them, nobody knows what he looks like aside from those people. But, before and answer could be taken from them, they'd either kill themself or be admitted into a mental facility, they'd be murdered. Multiple cameras were set up in their hospital rooms, many guards posted around, but the same man, in a suit and a mask would fight his way in and finish was he started.

Luke flicked through all the evidence they had of his identity.

It was nothing much at all, the investigation was severely falling behind, and Luke fears it may go cold.

Afterall, they only know of his clothes, motorbike and helmet. But the motorbikes license plate was torn off, and nobody knows where he goes after he commits such atrocities. Luke recalls one time being in a high speed chase with him.

He himself laid awake at night replaying the manic laughter in his head.