꧁•⊹٭🩸𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 3🩸٭⊹•꧂

Luke slammed the door behind him, his small puppy, Darcy emerged from the kitchen, tail wagging behind him as he jumped at Luke's legs.

"Hi Darcy.." Luke managed a small smile as he reached down and picked her up, Darcy responding my licking his face  as she clung onto Luke's shirt. Luke just gave a tired chuckle as he walked through his apartment and onto the sofa, Darcy climbing up and comfortably sitting on the back of the couch, head rested on Luke's shoulder as he reached over for the remote, just to put on some TV he knew he wouldn't watch.

He zoned out as he stared at his white carpet. He did suck at his job, didn't he? He didn't at all deserve his status. The whole of America were slandering him on social media platforms for his inability to take action. Everyone thought he was just being your stereotypical lazy unbothered cop. But he wasn't, really, he wasn't. He was trying his best, but his best just wasn't enough for this criminal. In the span of 2 years, 79 murders and counting were committed. He doesn't even know how such a thing is possible without any means of evidence. Especially including he just genuinely doesn't care of being caught. Yet they still can't recover even just a name for him. Luke had come so so close to catching him. But then the civilians in the city centre also wanted to catch him. So they ran out infront of Luke's police car, and opted to chase the murderer themself. Due to the large mob, there was nothing Luke could do but watch as he sped off, clearly, he seemed to be keeling over with laughter. Luke doesn't blame him, from his perspective the civilians efforts probably looked like a freak show.

Did he even have a soul?

Luke shook his head as he stood up, causing Darcy to perk her head up as she jumped down from the couch and trotted behind him.

Luke walked into his kitchen, and opened the mini fridge under the counter.

Darcy watched from the door as Luke pulled out a large bottle.

Of course she didn't know what it was. But whenever he pulled such a thing out, he became emotional, he would cry, he would yell.

And that was enough for her to despise whatever it was.

She trotted over to his feet and sat down. Gazing up at him.

"I know Darcy.. You don't know what I'm doing do you..?" He sat down on the floor infront of her. Moving his other hand to gently scratch behind her ear. Causing her tail to wag as she leaned into his touch.

"You're a good girl, you know that..? You're not usually this sweet, are you?" Luke gave a soft smile as his brows furrowed.

Darcy just laid down, setting her head ontop of Luke's foot.

He just sighed as he easily opened the bottle. Gently placing a hand on Darcys head as he began to drink.

~~~~~

"What's wrong my darling..? Why so scared..? Do you not love me anymore..?" Zander spoke in a hushed whisper, caressing the man's face.

Said man was blindfolded and gagged, tied to a chair in Zanders 'home'.