Ch9 - Impulse

Omen's POV
Ccino interrupted the brief silence as he placed a muffin and shake down, which Blue must have ordered before taking a seat with you. "Good seeing you, Blue," he greeted. "I haven't seen the Star Sanses here for a little while now."

"THANKS CCINO!" Blue exclaimed, immediatsly taking a large sip of his drink. You were pretty sure he had managed to gulp down half of the entire thing in just a single sip!

Ccino smiled and took away your empty mug, giving a polite nod of greeting but saying nothing to you. You supposed he was probably busy, though he had also been by you a few times now, so he may have been wanting to give you a bit of space.

"Star Sanses...?" you echoed, curious as to what Ccino was referring to. The term wasn't something you had heard before, and it seemed like as good a topic as any to keep the conversation going.

"YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE STAR SANSES ARE!?" Blue exclaimed, eyes widening in shock.

"Uh... does it have something to do with OuterTale..?" you guessed. That AU seemed to be known for its starry skies, so it made sense to you that maybe it would be related. Your guess was quickly proven wrong though.

"NOPE! THE STAR SANSES HELP PROTECT THE MULTIVERSE FROM THE BAD SANSES AND SPREAD POSITIVITY! I'M A STAR SANS MYSELF, ALONG WITH MY FRIENDS DREAM AND INK! HAVE YOU HEARD OF US?"

You frowned. How had you not heard of any of this? "Uh... No?"

"WOWEE, THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'VE MET SOMEBODY WHO DOESN'T KNOW ABOUT US STAR SANSES! WELL, THAT'S OKAY! I WILL GLADLY TELL YOU EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW!" He cheered, eyes shifting to stars. Every word seemed to be more energetic than the last, and he was talking so fast you had trouble processing what he was saying to you. "DREAM IS THE GUARDIAN OF POSITIVITY, AND INK IS THE CREATOR! I'M NOT IMMORTAL LIKE THEY ARE, BUT I HELP TOO! THEY'RE MY BEST FRIENDS!!"

You nodded. You were slowly getting used to how overly enthusiastic he was. "Then... who are the bad Sanses you mentioned?"

"WELL, THERE'S NIGHTMARE, THE GUARDIAN OF NEGATIVITY. HE'S THE LEADER OF THE BAD SANSES. THERE'S ALSO DUST, KILLER, HORROR AND CROSS, WHO FIGHT WITH HIM! THEY'RE ALL VERY STRONG, SO WE DON'T 'WIN' EVERY TIME."

"Why are they called Bad Sanses?"

"WELL, THEY TEND TO DO REALLT BAD THINGS. LIKE KILLING AND STEALING AND SPREADING NEGATIVITY," He explained. "I DON'T THINK THEY ARE REAAALLY EVIL, THOUGH. I'M SURE THEY MUST HAVE A REASON FOR WHAT THEY DO..." Something about his eyes seemed more calculative in that last addition, as though he were being careful not to say too much. You wondered why that was.

You nodded slowly. This was... a lot to take in. You recognised Nightmare as being Fresh's friend, and knowing a little more about who he was, was both relieving and concerning. Blue called him the Guardian of Negativity. What exactly did that mean? Guardian? The word felt like one of those things you were meant to know.

You considered how the Star Sanses had a goal of spreading positivity, and the other group negativity. Something about it seemed... wrong. Like they were two important concepts that were meant to exist mutually, not put against eachother?

Then the word Guardian came into your mind again. It was one of those roles that were important to the multiverse, you knew. But... what did that mean? What exactly did that role entail? Why was it so important?
And why didn't you know??

You wanted to ask more, but your thoughts were immediately snapped to the forming of a portal nearby, the magic creating powerful but worryingly unfamiliar.
From what you had observed, nobody teleported or portalled into the cafe before now, though whether this was an enforced rule of the establishment or just common curtesy wasn't clear to you. Regardless of the reason, this sudden change was enough to put you into a state of alarm.

You stood quickly, almost protective of Blue as you did so, eyes narrowing in preparation to see whatever stranger intended to throw themselves into the little cafe. You expected the usual vertical portals, but this was forming on the floor, black like ink.

"ARE YOU OKA-" Blue did not even have a chance to finish his sentence before a new skeleton suddenly leapt out from a puddle-shaped portal. You didn't get much of a chance to look at them, but you did catch a brief glance of brown, white, and a sash of vials. "INK!" Blue let out, expression torn between excitement and instant concern.

"No time to explain!" the newfound stranger, now identified as Ink, shouted out quickly. You felt a boney hand firmly grasp your shoulder, firm. The action was so quick that you did not have enough time to react, and this person had a grip strong enough that you knew he would be difficult to fight if it came to it.

You and Blue were both pulled into the puddle, cries of surprise cut out instantly. This portal was definitely far less pleasant than your own. It felt, for an agonisingly slow few moments, like you were suffocating.

Everything was dark and cold and, worse, wet. Like you were being dragged through pitch black waters.
When you emerged out the other side of the portal, you choked a little, having to take a moment to regain your composure. Portals didn't typically disorientate you like this. You had a feeling this was the type of magic you should typically avoid breathing in when moving through it.

You didn't actively CHECK the world you had landed in, but the information showed up anyway. It were as though the multiverse itself were telling you it was urgent that you know exactly what STATs it would reveal.

-----

DANCETALE#992
STATUS: F a l l i n g
ALIGNMENT: Extreme Positive

*Alert! This AU is collapsing in on itself due to extreme instability!

*You should not be here, Godling of Hope. This place is beyond saving. ((AN: Pretend this line is crossed out))

-----