Chapter 2- Savior Pt. 1

Azur Lane. They are the ones who protect planet Earth from the invading force that are the Sirens. The Kansen, living warships brought to life via the wisdom cube. Nobody knows where exactly it came from. All we know is that it is essentially the "heart" or "soul" of a Kansen. Without it, they will die. Recently, tensions between the factions is at an all time high with disputes between the ideological morality between reverse engineering Siren technology and integrating it, and using our own technology to defeat the Sirens.

Location: Azur Lane base

The main base for Azur Lane's operations is an island in the Pacific Ocean. On this island, we can see the harbor where the Kansen dock their ships as well as a town of sorts to accommodate their needs. Shopping centers, restaurants, entertainment, the whole shebang. The Eagle Union was the first to arrive after a call to gather at the island was given. Both the Eagle Union and the Royal Navy have responded with the main Royal Navy fleet on the way. Meanwhile, we find ourselves in the market area facing the sea where we see two Kansen walking along the path.

"Wow, it's gotten really exciting around here!" said a Kansen with a tomboy-ish personality. This was the Eagle Union light cruiser Cleveland, the namesake of her class and the eldest sister.

Next to her was a more formal and Royal looking Kansen who wore a signature red cape over her right side. "Forces from both Eagle Union and Royal Navy are gathering at this base. It's only going to get busier from here on." This was the Royal Navy battle ship Prince of Wales, a King George V class battleship.

Cleveland turned around facing Wales while walking backwards. "You know who else is coming from my side? It's Eagle Union's greatest warrior, given the most battle stars ever!" Cleveland stated.

"The famous Grey Ghost, yes..." Wales confirmed. "The main forces of us Royal Navy are also arriving soon. This base will surely become central to all of our ongoing activities."

"Well then, we'd better greet them properly!" Cleveland said excitedly. "Can't keep them waiting. Let's go!" She said as she ran off. Wales couldn't help but chuckle lightly at the light cruisers behavior. "Come on, hurry!" Cleveland yelled. "Don't rush me" Wales responded. All the while, a mysterious hooded figure passed by. A sudden gust of wind revealed the figure to have white hair, red eyes, and ear-like attachments on her head. This was the Sakura Empire destroyer Ayanami.

Meanwhile, at a docked aircraft carrier, a rather buxom, white haired woman wearing a sunhat walked down the gangway carrying a suitcase. This was the Royal Navy aircraft carrier Illustrious. "Illustrious!" Illustrious turned her head to see that it was Prince of Wales and Cleveland with the latter waving her hand.

"Your highness, coming out to greet me? To what do I owe that honor?" Illustrious asked. "Please don't tease. Long time no see, Illustrious." Wales said. "Good day, Prince of Wales. Who is your friend?" She asked. "Cleveland, from Eagle Union! Glad to see you've made it through your long journey." Cleveland then noticed a purple haired girl peeking from behind Illustrious. The girl noticed this and hid behind her momentarily before peeking out shyly. This was the Royal Navy light aircraft carrier Unicorn.

Cleveland smiled toward Unicorn, but she once again hid behind Illustrious. "This is Unicorn. I'm sorry, she's a tad shy. I hope you weren't offended." Illustrious said as she introduced her. "Nice to meet you!" Cleveland said.

Location: Azur Lane Academy

At the academy office, we see the trio with Illustrious and Cleveland drinking tea. "Hood and the others will join shortly." Illustrious said. "Shouldn't we be keeping an eye on Iron Blood? How is that faring?" Wales asked. "A temporary lull, for lack of a better description. What's more pressing is..." Illustrious dragged on. "Sakura Empire" Wales finished, "As we suspected." Illustrious nods in agreement.