Chapter 6- A New Development

It was a couple if days since the attack and the base has been reconstructed with damages being repaired. Now though it was time for some time off and what better way to do that than going to the beach!

The beach itself was packed with Kansen either just leisurely relaxing under the shade of an umbrella or splashing about in the water. Eye candy for sure, amiright?

Anyways, we find that Enterprise is leaning on the railing overlooking the beach. Hornet notices her otherworldly companion while walking to the steps leading down to said beach and strikes up some friendly banter.

"Heya, ya comin' down or ate ya just gonna stand there all day?"

Enterprise jumps slightly, not expecting Hornet to walk up and start some small talk "No no I'm coming down, it's just that I...well... simply put I kinda miss my crew. I don't know if you can relate to it but when you've been exploring the unknown or sailing the oceans with your crew for so long you become attached to them. And for me it's kinda become a bit too quiet without their banter." She says, a bit sad.

Hornet, being the ball of positivity she is around her friends, decides to cheer her friend up "Well I can kinda relate to your situation. Ever since big sis Yorktown got bedridden it's been kinda hard really. But I didn't let that get in the way of me living life! And I think I can say the same to you as well! Now come on, stop being a Sulkin' Sam and enjoy the beach with us!" She said grinning.

Enterprise chuckled "Yeah sure I'll be there in a moment" She picks up her beach towel and umbrella and heads down to the beach.

She sets up the umbrella and unfolds the towel, laying it on the ground underneath the umbrella and lays down. She never bothered getting a swimsuit because she was always one for modesty and the fact that she never really planned on swimming anyway.

As she laid, she took in the sights and sounds around her. The ocean waves, the seagulls flying and squawking above, and the distressed cries of San Diego being chased by a shark.

Wait...

She looked up from her lying position and it was indeed confirmed that San Diego was indeed swimming away from a shark at rather amazing speeds for someone without rigging. Next thing she knew there was an explosion and she watched as San Diego flew through the air rather gracefully before getting a dirt nap when she landed on the ground. A rather humorous experience if she said so herself.

She was there for a while, enjoying the quiet until she noticed the forms of Blefast and Enterprise standing behind the railing. The sound of giggling made her shift her attention to the sight of Unicorn playing in the water just enough to get her feet wet. She also noticed that the sun was starting to set beyond the horizon and took it as a sign to start packing up.

She packed up her things and made her way to where the two shipgirls were standing "Now that is what I call a sight to see. I don't see many due to the fact that I would be constantly traveling and couldn't appreciate the simple beauties of a world"

"Ah, greetings Enterprise and yes the sunset is indeed quite beautiful. But I also do wonder what it's like to be in the sea of stars that is space" Belfast said.

"Depends on who you ask really" She answered "But for me, I see it as a mix of performing my duty and maybe squeezing some fun out of it if I get the chance"

"What do you see as your duty?"

They both turned to see that Enty had asked the question, her retaining her ever serious attitude.

"My duty...?" She stares at the ocean, thinking. "My duty is the exploration of the known universe. For it is my mission, has been really for the past 3 years of my 5 year mission, to explore strange new worlds. To seek out new lifeforms and new civilizations. To go where no one has gone before. That is and always will be my duty as a ship if the Federation." She smiled confidently.