Chapter 5- We Shall See...

It has been a while since our new member had gotten herself settled in and things have been quiet for the most part. But the opposite could be said for our fellows in Crimson Axis for the fleet had just returned to harbor.

Akagi, Kaga, and Ayanami walk along the dock after docking their ships with Eugen and Z23 following close behind. They were greeted with many others being curious about how their mission went with the younger ones being more excited. They excitement faded when they laid eyes upon the absolute states of disrepair that the ship's exhibited with burn marks and holes that looked like something melted right through the hull of the ship. Speaking of damaged, both Z23 and Eugen were walking supporting eachother while they walked. Nobody disturbed them as they limped off to get medical assistance.

The same could be said for the rest albeit to a lesser extent, though that isn't saying much. Ayanami was dismissed to go get medical treatment while Akagi and Kaga went to meet with Nagato.

The giant cherry blossom tree that towered over the base was a magnificent sight all in all. But at its base sat a shrine that housed the higher standing members of the Sakura Empire. Entering the shrine after climbing a rather long flight of stairs, they were met with Nagato sitting along with her sister Mutsu, her loyal bodyguard Kawakaze, and Mikasa, a veteran and one of the older ships in the Sakura Empire (but don't go saying that to her face).

Looking up, Nagato addressed the carriers of the 1st CarDiv "I see that you have returned from your mission. How did it go?"

"The mission went smoothly at first, Lady Nagato, but then-" Akagi was about to continue when Kaga had an anger outburst.

"But then THAT THING CAME FROM NOWHERE AND RUINED EVERYTHING!" Kaga shouted in rage.

"Calm down sister, we still achieved our main goal in the end. But yes, your point stands, that thing did put a hindrance on our plan."

Nagato and the rest of the high ranking Kansen were all equally confused "What is this "thing" you speak of? It sounds quite problematic" Nagato asked.

"It is not just problematic, but a threat to the Empire as a whole! It took both of us on and it didn't even look like it was trying!" Kaga said angrily.

"Indeed, and look at what it did to the others. It will take quite some time for their ships to be repaired and for them to heal their wounds." Akagi stated.

Nagato nodded "Very well. This new development has indeed struck us by  surprise. We will have to stay back and heal our wounds for the time being. Speaking of, how goes Project Orochi?" Nagato asked.

Akagi smiled, summoning the black cube "The project has been going smoothly. It will give Crimson Axis the edge it needs against Azur Lane"

"I see" Said Nagato "You are hereby dismissed and cleared to rest."

The two carriers nodded and left. Once they left, Nagato breathed a weary sigh "Is this really the right path to take? We are tampering with something we don't even remotely understand. I am truly worried." Said Nagato in a worried tone.

"While working with Siren technology might seem blasphemous to some, the other side argues that it is beneficial. Alas, I know nothing of the technological sort but the best I can offer in advice is that patience grants rewards to those who are truly focused. It is still too early to determine whether this was a good idea or not, but time shall tell" Said Mikasa.

"Mmm...." Nagato took Mikasa's advice  to mind "We shall see Mikasa, we shall see..."
________________________________________

Hey hey look who's back! I've seem to had stumbled across a very stubborn wall of writer's block but alas I've finally made this chapter! The next chapter will focus on the Azur Lane perspective again and it shall be out in the following days considering its Christmas break right now.

Speaking of, Merry Christmas ya filthy animals! And a Happy New Year!