Pandora's Box of Questions

"First Federation ship capable of warp 4! NX-326 USS Franklin, reporting for duty once again!"

The four of them stood there, frozen. Sheffield, Edinburgh, and Akashi were frozen in confusion. What did "Warp 4" exactly mean? As well as the strange ship designation which did not exactly conform to the standard designations of Eagle Union Kansen despite the prefix being 'USS'.

Enterprise on the other hand was frozen in disbelief and shock.

"USS Franklin? THE USS Franklin?!" She said in a mix of surprise and awe.

"Yep! Tis I, and frankly I'm still getting used to this having a body thing that we have going on here, heh" She said, chuckling.

"Ehem" The two turned to see Sheffield with her usual stoic expression as Edinburgh piped in.

"W-while it is nice to see that you are indeed getting accustomed to being awake and all... um... eh..." She pointed to the other currently occupied bed in the room revealing the second person they recovered from the operation.

And said person was sitting up, awake and observing them with a look of curiosity.

Sheffield held a scowl of disdain due to the fact that their now second awake guest looked like the world's current mortal enemy. Edinburgh was visibly scared as well as Akashi, Franklin was looking around confused as to why everyone was reacting the ways they were while Enterprise had a look of... recognizing her.

Now that their second guest had awoken, they could get a better look at her. She had almost pale skin, closely resembling that of a Siren. Her hair was white as snow, though her appearance was more child-like. She had blue eyes that seemed to study everyone in the room. What was unusual, however, were her eyebrows which were angled downward slightly. Her bob-cut hair hid, if observed close enough, ears which resembled that of Enterprise. That's when the realization hit.

Enterprise put her hand up, gesturing Sheffield to stand down. That was when their guest seemed to become fascinated with her hands, opening and closing her hands and moving her fingers.

"Fascinating" She said, her voice sounding calculating, analytical... almost like...

"A Vulcan..." Enterprise said out loud.

"P-pardon?" Edinburgh asked.

"She's not a Siren, she's a Vulcan. I could tell due to the eyebrows and the pointed ears. Those are common features amongst all Vulcans" She elaborated.

"So she's a-" Edinburgh was about to speak when she was cut off by their Vulcan friend.

"An extraterrestrial lifeform. An astute observation" She turned to Enterprise "You are familiar, yet I cannot recall why exactly"

"Hm... does Enterprise ring any bells?" Enterprise asks.

The Vulcan's eyes widened a bit "Indeed it does... ah yes, I just realized that I hadn't introduced myself. I go by the name Jellyfish, not to be confused with the seaborn invertebrate of the same name"

It was Enterprise's turn to be surprised "You're Spock's ship! Yeah, I remember now! NCC-1701 USS Enterprise, pleased to meet you again after all this time, Jellyfish"

"Your sentiment is wholeheartedly returned" She said, smiling before returning to her usual stoic expression.  "How long has it been since my destruction, if I may ask?"

"Give or take a couple years but if you want specifics then five years" Enterprise answered.

"I see... and are things going as they should be?" She asked.

"Yes, everything is going as it should"

Sheffield raised an eyebrow at the question but decided not to pursue it at the moment. Jellyfish turned to look at the others in the room.