Alice Margatroid

"Eh, is that so?"

The Youkai of Dusk

---

~~Alice Margatroid's House~~

-Y/n POV-

And here we are, close to the one so called 'another friend who I can borrow some book', courtesy of your own ordinary magician, Marisa Kirisame. It's really close to the Kirisame Magic Shop. A pretty fairy tale British style of house.

"So, here's Alice's house. Pretty close to my shop right there. If you want anything related to potions or witchraft stuff, feel free to visit ze~." said Marisa.

"I'll consider that. But is there even a schedule when it opens?" I asked her.

"Probably around three days of the week. Considering I have to collect the ingredients, making the potions, up to how rare the stuff is, or incidents happens." she replied.

"Well, that's understandable." I replied.

Considering she works alone in the term of witchcraft business, there is no way to keep her store open besides the weekend. Besides that, well...just her thing like 'borrowing'.

Then, when she's about to knock on the door, what welcomes us is one of Alice's dolls. Since I can't differentiate their names, I just let Marisa handle it.

"Yo, Alice~~ We come to visit!" she said that and just walked inside.

I just followed right behind her. It's pretty near the entrance door, I can see the owner of the house herself.

Shoulder-length blonde hair with a red ribbon. A doll-like is expressed on her face. Noticing us, she then said something first to Marisa.

"Marisa, I can guess you come to me regarding our dolls imitation

"Marisa, I can guess you come to me regarding our dolls imitation." she said then noticing me.

"You can say so but I also want to borrow your book, but not that 'borrow', ~eh." Marisa replied but sometimes takes a glance at wherever her eyes land while Alice rolls back her eyes at her reply.

Not forgetting another presence, she takes a look at me with a calm calculating look. Now she only notices me for a brief second after looking at what is in my shoulder. Well, looks like little Youmu here piqued her interest...or obsession?

"I see we have a new face here. The one and only odd job of the human village. My name is Alice Margatroid. Have you come for my order?" she said.

"Well, you're right on the spot. The packages are delivered and please sign the receipt here." I said that while giving the receipt paper.

Then, Alice took the paper and signed it before returning it to me. After that, she brings her goods to don't know where it is, probably to her workroom or storage while Marisa, just makes herself at home.

"Isn't rude to just barge in?" I asked her when she was about to take a biscuit that Alice made besides enjoying tea.

"It's fine, Alice won't mind it." replied Marisa then took a bit of the biscuit.

Well, I can't expect more from our ordinary magician. That's Marisa like so it can't be helped. Well, one of Alice's puppet dolls looked at me while patting the other chair as if asking me to sit there. I'm just followed what it asked me to do and then it pouring me a cup of tea.

"Wow, thank you." I replied to their hospitality then I take a sip of the tea.

It has such a nice fragrant, close with citrus...or is it lemon citrus? It's pleasant in the term of its bitterness. Oh, how did she make this kind of tea, who knows. After the first sip, I take a biscuit and dip it slightly to the tea and the biscuit become more flavorful.

"Fufu...looks like our guests enjoy our serving." said Alice come back from placing the goods.

"It's an amazing treat. The tea is so good as if it shooting my tiredness away. It also boosting the biscuit flavor when you dip it with the tea." I said that with honesty.

"I am please to hear that. Now to the other topic, may I take a look at the tiny Miss Konpaku?" asked her with a sparkling eyes.

Sparkling...that's the close thing I can think for now. Well, no use to stop her. Then, I give to her Youmu's fumo. Alice observes it as if she finds a treasure.

"Myon~~"

Then, I feels a patting on my arm, only to see Alice's fumo want to be noticed by me. Then it talked to me.

"If I were you I should watch the other." it said to me.

It make me confused though.

~~Youmu's side~~

I'm not get any clue where's tiny Lady Yuyuko whereabouts yet. But if it's about puppeteers then only one person that is specialized of it.

"Let's go to Miss Alice's house then." I mumbled to myself.

While it's convenient to be allowed to the human village, it also has the downside too. Especially when  you try to control your budgets.

"Come, come, we have a special offer here! Fresh tofu with half price!"

"A pack of chicken egg free one pack per person!"

"We have fresh crops here, it come with a great price for today!"

Ugh...the temptations is so strong! It can't be helped, securing the ingredients is a must today.

......

In the end, I bring back some groceries before continuing my way to Miss Alice's house.

"It's fine. It's definitely fine. At least we can save our expenses. It's worth it!!" I kept to mumbling myself.

~~Y/n POV~~

"What did you mean, Fumo Alice?" I asked it.

Then it pointing her arm to Marisa who looks so relax before suddenly start to sighting for her own speciality.

"You mean Marisa?" I asked it again and it shaking her head.

"It's Fumo Marisa. Where's she?" It replied to me.

"Oh~~~"

Now talking about tiny Marisa...the only thing that cross to mind first is think like Marisa do. Well, finding a fumo is not gonna be hard, right?

"If I am a satori I think it's not will be that easy" quipped Alice's fumo.

Dang...I jinxed myself.