Πέντε (5)

"Tiana!" I exclaimed in extreme happiness. Out of anyone here, she was our savior. We needed to escape from these weird psychos.

"Hold on...Kayla?" she queried apprehensively.

"It's us, Tiana. Please explain what in the world is going on right here," Puneet asked in a cordial manner. It was always odd how she manages to switch her tone with everyone, as if running multiple errands at once. Pretty useful not to give a shit to one person and do the opposite with another at the same time.

     "You knew them?" questioned Milo.

Tiana turned to him and replied, "Yes, but what about the patrons?" She leaned closer and whispered, "The blood ceremony?"

     A blood ceremony? Damn it. Please don't tell me what I think it is. Just thinking about it made me sick. Gods? Athena? Patrons? What drug did I even take to dream of this?

"We'll tell them eventually. I propose you have some explaining to do with your mates here," he positioned his eyes on us.

"I never expected them to become patronesses," Tiana remarked. She stayed in the same, unchanged position and expression, yet I caught a bit of worry in her words.

"Wait, wait, wait," Puneet paused them, "you mentioned something with the beginning of 'Mega-low'. What was it again?"

Milo answered, "Both of you are in the Μεγάλο Πάνθεον. Or Greater Pantheon, in modern English."

"You also said there were four more," I included, "so six in total?"

"The first six gods born from the Titans Cronos and Rhea. First the three sisters, then the brothers," he lectured.

Tiana barged in. "I did not mean to sound unpleasant when the two of you arrived. I am still glad to have you guys along." She smiled and slightly widened her eyes, implying her enthusiasm.

"Now you're cutting me off, aren't you?" Milo accused in pleasant sarcasm.

I kept glancing at Puneet, seeing her keep to herself, arms crossed while hearing the whole thing spilling out between our supposed mentors.

"You okay?" I made sure as we engaged in private.

She gestured with her left hand and nodded. "I suggest we still watch ourselves. Tiana seems to have all the information, but..." She eyes at Milo, analyzing her next sentence. "Why would she hide this?"

"She probably didn't know like the rest of us. We are all surprised here, Puneet," I reassured her, which did not seem enough for convincing her, "but Milo seems pretty off."

"We don't even know their ages. For all we know, they may be older than we see them. You know how movies make iconic A-List actors look young? This place may be tricking us."

"To me, he looks like he might be our age. Or older, depending on how he acts."

"There was no need for this huge stunt: poisoning, trapping, and forcing us somewhere without warning. Isn't that more harm than good?"

I reviewed the whole thing in my head, trying to piece this together. "Look, you have your fighting skills, but those guys have freakin' weapons. It's definitely a guarded area judging from their stance."

"So you're suggesting an escape route?" she asked in concern. "That portal can only open into here. Only Alice knows the process and what to say."

Tiana came in after discussing with Milo. "Sorry, was I interrupting anything?"