Δώδεκα (12)

That ignorant-

We were near the entrance portal next to the grand pillars. I tried to beg and plead for an answer, yet he would reply with anything but that. It was no use.

Hiking away, still in our dress and tuxedo, we came upon our sculptural architect. The pearly blemish hid behind the florals and glowed into the night. I held various, mixed emotions. Confused, careful, now unsure. The people at the ceremony...

"What happened between the three of you? With Julianna and Rowan?" I recalled of his crude behavior.

"Pendejos. They hate each other, so we do the same." He pointed to ours and another white one across from us, fenced with lightning and strips of royal yellow. Who were they again, Hera and...?

"Ok, how? Like, they did something bad to you?" I tried a casual approach. It seemed to work, but he turned left with an irritated face.

"That piece of shit, he just goes about annoying us with zero consequence. Punching us with no punishment. Their god's a king. We serve under his wife, Hera, just dealing with shit and most of the work. Doing the same to him," he created a low whistle and imitated an execution, "gone."

"But you flipped him off, which didn't fix anything."

"We've been enemies. You should know that."

My head whirled, trying to process random information from someone I just met about two hours ago. Or was it four? I couldn't think straight at this time.

"What kind of bad things did he do?" I glanced at the stream of yellow and white blocks, noticing a faint glare in the center.

He saw the same and urged, "Come on." He grabbed my wrist, forcing me to plunge backwards just to find the exact, thunderous girl on the other side before we disappeared.

-----------------------------------------------------——

White lights blinded me at the edges. The worst part of glasses was that in truth, they were windows. The rears were blurry. Chaotic, without clarity. I could not glance anywhere else but through two panes of confined glass.

As I averted my vision, there was polished, white marble layered on the floor. Spotless, squeaky marble. Walls of comfy clouds unified into heaven. One was solid white, congested with frames of numerous people. They all duplicated each other in color schemes besides their ethnicities. A hint of lavender filled the air, luring myself into its soft aroma. Eli came to the other side, opening the buttons of his tuxedo.

"Change. Then sleep." How much longer will he keep up with this? He hung the tuxedo next to a pole on his bed, retaining the flat surfaces.

"Sigh. Tell me more about you, then." Searching the room, with opposite beds, there was the jacket I wore. The snow-colored leather, but an additional detail included itself behind. A bluish-green lotus, lined in a smooth, sleek image. Another on Eli's bed. We were cuffed to these beings. There was no defying these leaders.

In a long-sleeved shirt and pants, he sat on the edge, raising to see me. "¿Qué puedo decirte? I'm just here since last time."

"Last time?" I shivered slightly from a breeze of freezing air, so I swiftly wrapped in the lotus jacket.

"En México. A man in that jacket searched for me while I drove home." If he drove since last year, he must be at least 17 or 18.

"Did he poison you?"