Four

For a cabin that looked so retarded, you would think it will be so easy to break the door open.

I totally lost track of time while struggling to get the freaking door open but it wasn't even budging. I slammed my fist on the door one last time, frustrated. I turned around and ran my fingers through my hair, pulling at it.

I was loosing my mind. I hated to be confined. I hated that I couldn't do what I want, wear what I want or eat what I want.

After a long while of sitting in the silence, I couldn't ignore the rumbling sound of my stomach anymore. I looked  at the mess I made on the floor staring at me, I wanted to yell at my maids to come clean it but I knew I couldn't. This wasn't my castle.

I got up and reached the counter, searching for something to eat. I was starving. I saw some bread and raw eggs laying there. I stared hopelessly at it because I had no idea how to prepare eggs.  I slowly began to regret flipping the tray over.

I took the bread, went back to the bed and started eating it. My heart was squeezing in my chest as I thought of my life. I had only spent a day here but I was already miserable.

Then I thought, what kind of kidnapper was he? The ones I knew off, have heard of, or seen in movies, are usually very mean and violent. But him, he didn't hurt me, he didn't even a much tie me up. He told me to shower, he gave me his shirt, he made food.

Something was definitely off about him. Maybe if I begged him, he would let me go.

But then again, I was the princess, I never begged anyone.

After about three slices, I got tired of chewing bread like a goat  so I tied it up and threw it on the floor. When I looked at the mess that I was forming around myself, I sighed.  I hated a messy environment.

I got up again and picked up the bread, dumping it back on the counter. I looked at the other egg mess on the floor and bit the inside of my cheek in annoyance. I stared at it for minutes not knowing what to do.

When I got tired, I picked up the plate and the tray. Then I found a broom which I used to clean up the floor.

After all that, I had nothing else to do so I just layed on the bed. I wanted to cry at how bored I was and how the silence was killing me.

I had no idea I would miss my phone so much.

I wondered how my mother and father were doing. I wondered if they were out there looking for me.

Hours passed and he hadn't come back. It was incredibly dark and I could hear the sound of crickets outside, I knew it was night fall already. I curled myself on the bed, I didn't dare move. I was terrified of the dark. I was only able to sleep the previous day because I knew that he was there but when I knew I was all alone, I was terrified.

I secretly wished he would come back because I couldn't stand being alone.

Suddenly, I heard the door open followed by heavy footsteps approaching me. I felt a little relieved that he was back but I didn't move, instead i closed my eyes pretending to be asleep. I head his footsteps so close to me then It stopped and i felt his presence in front of me. I thought he would wake me up or yell or maybe punish me again but he didn't, he did the exact opposite. I didn't expect him to start talking to my sleeping form.

"I'm sorry princess, this was never my intention at all" he shocked me by saying. Silence followed. But then I felt his finger tips caressing my face, it took everything in me not to flinch at his touch.

After a few seconds, he withdrew his hand from my face and then I heard his footsteps again going away. I fought myself not to open my eyes. The only thought swirling in my head was, what did he mean by that.

~~~