Twelve

"I want you to learn how to fucking respect me" he said in my face, bringing my mind back from all the stupid and dirty places it had ran to. I was able to gather my strength as the realisation of his words hit me again, and I pushed him off of me with as much force I could muster. He staggered backwards abit then his lips tugged up slightly.

I was infuriated once again. How dare he mess with me like that. What was I even thinking? That he wanted me? I thought.

I was losing my mind and I was losing it fast.

"What did you think princess?" I stood there speechless and irritated, I wanted to smack away his stupid smile so bad.

"You might be hot and all but I don't do bitches" he said and I felt a little bit stabbed in the heart with his sharp hurtful words. Tears welled up in my eyes immediately, so I had to walk past him and outside the cabin. I slammed the door hard behind me and exhaled a shaky breath.

I looked at my surrounding, annoyed that there was no where for me to run to, nowhere for me to even clear my mind and get off my anger.

The tears started slowly rolling down my cheeks as I couldn't hold them in any longer. I was being emotional, too emotional.

But hell, why won't I be? I was being held against my will. As if that wasn't enough, my captor was taking advantage and i was letting him.

I wanted to pull my hair at how naive and stupid I was.

With teary eyes, I started walking through the long lines of tall trees and within a few minutes, I found myself at the lake he took me days ago.

I sat down at the edge of the wooden bridge and stared at the running water. It might not be as beautiful as the ones I had been to but it was quiet and peaceful. The only sound I could hear were the sound of the running water and the birds chirping.

I wiped my tears and just stared blankly at the water. It could have been minutes or hours but I just enjoyed the peace until I heard footsteps coming behind me. I knew it was him.

I wasn't surprised that he found me, he only let me go freely because he knew I wouldn't run and I wouldn't be able to find my way out.

He sat down beside me glancing over once before staring at the water.

Minutes of silence passed before he spoke.

"Let's make a deal" he said

I didn't move nor did I say a word.

"You only have a few weeks to be here, how about we stop the kidnapper thing and we pretend to be roommates" I turned to look at him. That must have been the most absurd thing I've heard in my life, pretend to be roommates with a man who kidnapped me?

"How about you take me back home" I stated

"I can't do that" he said the same answer I was tired of hearing. I sighed.

"This is the best deal I can give you, you stay out of my way and I'll stay out of yours" he said

"And how am I supposed to do that?"

"Just do what I say"

"You say that like its so simple"

"It is simple, your princess sized ego just won't let you" I opened my mouth to argue but then closed it. I couldn't believe I was having this conversation with him.

"If you don't want this, then I can go back to being your mean kidnapper" he said. I looked at him, actually considering what he said.

"Look, I didn't want to do this, I'm not a kidnapper, so I don't like doing this, so don't make this any harder than it is" he sounded like he was pleading and it only just reminded me of the night he said this same thing to my sleepy form.

"Why are you doing this?" I felt like I had asked the question way too many times but I needed to know, "you say you don't want to so why are you doing it?" I asked

"I have to" I frowned

"Why?" I couldnt help but think that there were many reasons behind this kidnap, reasons that I couldn't phantom.

"Its none of your buisness" I bit the inside of my cheek, trying not to be frustrated.

"if I do what you ask, you will take me back home?" I inquired

"Yes, I will take you back home at the right time" he said

"When is the right time, I don't know how to survive here incase you haven't noticed" I angrily said

"It's easy, once you get used to it" he turned his face away from me and for the first time since I came here, I saw hurt in his eyes. It surprised me. I didn't expect to see it.

It almost started clouding my judgments but I had to remind myself that he kidnapped me and there was no excuse for that.

"Come with me" he said and stood up. I didn't want to but if doing what he said will make him take me home, I was willing to do so no matter how hard it seemed.

I got up and followed him. He led me deeper into the forest. Then we stopped behind a tree and he suddenly hushed me.

"Get down" he quickly bent down and pulled me with him to the ground. For a minute, my heart was almost flying out of my chest because I thought we were in danger but then, I saw a rabbit about a few meters away, scrambling for food along his path.

Are you kidding me? I looked at him in shock but he just gestured for me to not make a sound and then pointed for me to watch.

Confused, I turned to look at the rabbit still scrambling for food. I didn't understand what was going on until, the rabbit reached a spot and something suddenly closed in on it and trapped it.

My eyes widened in shock and I turned to look at my captor again, he had this small smile on his face.

"That's how you survive" he simply said.