Eight

I was silent.

I was angry, mad even.

My eyes were shooting lasers at him but the annoying thing was, he wasn't even looking at me or paying me any attention after tying me up. He was busy cooking.

I was done shedding tears and struggling to get out of the ropes because it was pointless. So I sat still, glaring daggers at his back.

After what felt like hours, he finally approached me and sat on the bed opposite me. He pulled the chair closer to him until our knees were just one inch apart. He was holding a plate of food in his hand.

Oh he was crazy If he thought I was going to eat whatever that was.

I clenched my jaw and shot lasers at him with my eyes, although he didn't seem to be affected by it at all. He just stared at me with an unreadable expression on his face. Then he dropped the plate on the bed and walked around me to untie my hands. I brought my hands in front of me, rubbing the red line that had already formed on my wrist. It only made me more angry.

He went back to sit in front of me and offered the food to me. I looked down at the plate, examining whatever was in it before slapping it out of his hand. The plate flew across the room and scattered on the floor.

His hand remained frozen in the same position, he looked at the mess on the floor and then slowly dropped his hand. Then a smile spread out on his face  but he bit his lips to stop his smile from spreading even further. I couldn't help but wonder what could be so fascinating.

"You really need to learn how to appreciate what you have and what you get" he looked at me and his smile faded off immediately.

"What are you going to do to me, lock me in?" I provoked and he bit his lip yet again, capturing my attention for a brief second.

"No" the tone of his voice was low and calm, something about it screamed dangerous. I swallowed, realizing what I had done and the consequences that may follow. When he stood up from the bed, I knew it was over for me. I wanted to apologize but I couldn't bring myself to do it because I did nothing wrong, and even if I wanted to apologize, it was too late.

He lifted the chair I was sitting on and carried me all the way outside. He dumped me about few meters away from the cabin and then started walking back in.

My eyes widened in realization, "you wouldn't leave me out here" it was both a question and a statement of surprise. He ignored me and walked into the cabin, shutting the door after him. My mouth fell open in disbelief.

I started struggling against the ropes around my body, trying to get them off and I did. I completely untied myself and threw the rope on the ground.

How stupid of him to leave me outside, I scoffed.

I stood up to my feet and that was when I felt the shocking pain in my thigh. I tried to take a step forward but my leg hurt so bad I had no choice but to sit back down.

That was why he left me outside, he knew I wouldn't be able to walk.

Bloody bastard!

I looked around, scanning all the trees surrounding me. I sighed in defeat. Trying to escape was pointless, I would only get hurt again.

I wondered what my mom would do knowing I hurt myself.

I remembered the first time I tried cooking when I was 13, I mistakenly cut myself. That was the same day she banned me from stepping into the kitchen because she never wanted me to hurt myself, because I was the princess.

But look, here I was with an injury that might leave a scar for a lifetime.

After a long moment of silence, I started admiring my surroundings. It was nothing compared to the view in the castle, not as colorful and beautiful but it was quiet and peaceful. The more I looked at it, the more I realised that it was somewhat beautiful.

The rumbling in the sky pulled me out of my thoughts. I looked towards the door as if expecting him to rush out and take me back in.

"Hey" I yelled, since I had no idea what his name was,  "its about to rain, come take me inside"

Ofcourse he wouldn't answer me. I knew he wouldn't but what I didn't expect was for him to actually let me stay outside when it eventually started raining.

"Hey, please let me in, I will get sick" I pleaded, banging on the door. I had managed to get up and walk towards the door. The rain was becoming heavy but still he wouldn't open the door.

I was drenched and already shivering from the cold as I continued banging on the door.

"Please let me in" I was slowing loosing consciousness. My body was shaking, It felt like I was freezing inside out. My knees became weak the next thing I knew, I was on the ground and everything blacked out.

When I opened my eyes, I felt a certain kind of warmth around me. I was weak, my eyes were fluttering open but I knew I was now on the bed. I still felt the chills run up and down my body until I felt extra warmth behind me. I closed my eyes again just after hearing the unexpected..

"I'm sorry" i felt his body behind  me but i was too numb to react   instead i just drifted into sleep.

~~~~