Chapter 5

After work Y/N immediately made her way to Gapyeong, the small town where her family lives and where she used to live as well for two years before moving back to Seoul. She comes back here once every month and stays the weekend. Sometimes her parents come visit her in Seoul too so they do see each other regularly but of course not as often as before she became a cop.

"Y/N-ah, you're finally here come in." Her mother opened the door widely for Y/N to enter and hugged her.

"We invited the whole family tonight for dinner so you're just on time." By the whole family, the woman means her three children, the wife and the son of the oldest brother and the fiancée of the other brother.

"Y/N-ah, where have you been huh? You're overworking again aren't you?" Jiho, the middle child asked behind his mother.

"You know how it's like being a cop oppa." Y/N laughed.

"I know, I know I'm a detective myself as well. Didn't you know?"

"I literally just found out." Y/N joked. Yes her brother is also a cop, he's the first one who went to the police academy but he had already graduated when they moved to Gapyeong and now he's working here in the small town.

"Let's go to the table, everyone's there." Their mother suggested and they did as they were told. By seeing Y/N they all greeted and hugged her. The moment she saw her little nephew, her heart instantly felt warm.

"He's so cute." Y/N smiled as his mother gave him to Y/N. "How are you little boy?"

"How is it possible that I didn't miss any of you except for Minjun?"

"Yah, how can you only miss him? He's not even that cute." Jaehyun, the oldest brother commented.

"He is way cuter than you." His wife commented.

"Your wife just burned you bro." Jiho laughed to which everyone joined.

"He's also cuter than you." Jiho's fiancée smirked knowing that this comment will make him shut up.

"Enough joking around guys. Let's start eating now that everyone's here." Y/N's father smiled and they did as they were told.

"Anything new, Y/N? How's everything going in Seoul?" Mr. Park asked.

"I guess since I'm the only one that doesn't live here, I'm the one that should start updating you about my life right?"

"Yes. We see your brothers every week but we see you only once a month dear." Her mother caressed her arm.

"Well, it's going the same. Nothing new really, except for the fact that more criminalities are happening lately." Y/N explained as she took a bite of her chicken.

"You're still working with Minji?" Her mother asked and this is one of the reasons why Y/N doesn't really like coming here anymore. They keep asking her about Minji.

"Sometimes, if we get assigned to work together then yes but other than that you know she's in a different team so it doesn't happen too often."

"It's weird that you come here by yourself now. You two always came together." Jaehyun expressed.

"Can we change the subject? Why do you guys always bring up Minji? We broke up six months ago and it will stay that way."

"You just never told us why you guys broke up." Mr. Park informed.

"I mean maybe it's a good thing that they broke up. This way you might find yourself a man that is willing to get married." Mrs. Park said knowing she will get a reaction out of this statement.