Chapter 7

"Alright, Mrs. Oh you can leave. I will investigate this matter further and you will get a call from us." Y/N told the woman that supposedly stole Nayeon's phone.

"Wait, what? How can you let her leave after she stole my phone??" Nayeon protested.

"There is no evidence that she did, so I can't do anything right now. I will investigate it and if it turns out that she did steal your phone then we will handle it. You don't have to worry about it."

"This is bullshit really. She can just run away with my phone while you take all your time to investigate this." Nayeon crossed her arms.

"Are you really going to make it much more difficult than it has to be?" Y/N questioned.

"If you do your job right then I won't make it difficult for you, but you aren't doing anything."

"Okay fine, you asked for this. You're both staying here until I get the CCTV from the scene. I believe that will be enough to solve this case." Y/N stood up and took two handcuffs from the drawer.

"You will both wait right here, without fighting. If I hear you yell once again, I won't hesitate to put you in a cell." Y/N warned as she handcuffed them to the chairs they're sitting in.

"Isn't handcuffing us too much?" Mrs. Oh asked. "I have work to do, I can't stay here all day."

"Unfortunately you have to, since Ms. Nayeon here doesn't want to work along." Y/N sighed. "I'm going upstairs to ask for the CCTV, I'll be right back so don't you dare cause a scene. My colleagues are watching you." Y/N told them and went upstairs to the team that deals with the CCTV's and cyber crimes. They told her that they would ask for it and let her know when they have it so Y/N went back downstairs.

"We'll have to wait for the CCTV so you guys just sit here quietly while I do my work, okay?" Y/N smiled weakly and opened the laptop in front of her to work on the drug case. About 10 minutes later she could hear sighs coming from one of the women in front of her. She ignored it but it kept intensifying.

"Can you stop sighing? I can't focus." Y/N asked Nayeon.

"I'm hungry." The older woman informed.

"Just hold on a bit. You can eat later."

"Shouldn't you provide us food if you keep us here against our will?"

"You wanted this, Nayeon-ssi." Y/N continued to look at her laptop.

"Just get us some food. It's the least you can do." Even her way of asking for food is rude.

"Fine." Y/N gave in knowing that Nayeon won't shut up unless she gets some food. Y/N got two cups of ramen and two bottles of water and put it in front of them.

"Thank you." Mrs. Oh said while Nayeon, as expected, didn't thank her.

"Can you get rid of these handcuffs? How are we supposed to eat with these?" Nayeon showed her the handcuffs. Y/N got the keys and uncuffed both of them.

They were both hungry and immediately slurped their noodles. While they were eating Jihyo approached her and told her that they got the CCTV footage.

"Let's watch it together." Y/N said quietly and the two went upstairs. On the CCTV it can clearly be seen that Mrs. Oh did indeed bump into Nayeon but it doesn't seem like she took anything from her.

"I don't think she stole it. I mean other than her shoulder, nothing else touched Nayeon." Jihyo furrowed her eyebrows very concentrated on the footage.

"Can you rewind a bit?" Y/N asked the guy who deals with the footage. "Stop right there." She pointed at the screen. "This guy seems suspicious. Can we zoom in on him and rewind a bit more?" She asked and there they could see that it was a guy in a high school uniform that took Nayeon's phone out of her bag about 30 seconds before Mrs. Oh bumped into her.