Chapter 23

After work Y/N headed to Nayeon's place to get information about Seoyoon, she texted her that she's on her way and that she should come out to give it to her.

When Y/N arrived, Nayeon was there waiting for her. She got out of the car and approached her.

"Hi, how are you?" Y/N questioned.

"I'm good you? How was work?"

"Hectic." Y/N laughed. "You got the information from me?"

"It's inside. Do you want to... come in?" The older woman hesitated to ask but asked anyway.

"Oh are you sure? Isn't your dad home?"

"He is but he won't mind."

"If it's okay with you then... yeah I'll come in." Y/N smiled.

"But before we go in, can you not mention anything to my dad about you helping me? I did tell him that I told you about Seoyoon but not about you wanting to help me. I don't want him to gain hope again. In case you don't find anything, he'll be really disappointed and I don't want him to gain hope for nothing. It won't be good for his heart." Since the man is sick, Nayeon has to be really careful.

"Don't worry, unnie. I won't mention anything."

"Unnie? Since when do you call me unnie?" Nayeon furrowed her eyebrows. "What happened to Nayeon-ssi?"

"I figured we're close enough for me to drop the formalities, aren't we?"

"Why do you get to decide that? I'm the older one here."

"Okay well, can I drop the formalities?" Y/N smirked.

"You already did, asshole. But fine, you can call me unnie."

"Yes!" The younger woman put her hand into a fist as she cheered. "Let's go unnie!" 

Nayeon just shook her head in amusement and the two went into the apartment building.

"Oh before we go in, don't expect a fancy apartment with a view on the Han river like yours, this is just a small, cheap apartment. You already know my financial situation so don't get freaked out when you see this." Nayeon said and opened the door to her apartment afterwards.

"Dad! We have a guest!" She yelled and the man came.

"I already know, Nayeon-ah. I saw you two walking in from the window."

"Why do you always stand near the window? What are you? CCTV?" His daughter joked.

"I take that as a compliment." He smiled. "Welcome, Y/N-ssi." He extended his hand for a hand shake which Y/N accepted.

"It's the first time Nayeon has ever brought a guest home."

"Oh really? Am I that special?" She smiled.

"Don't feel flattered, Y/N-ssi." Nayeon rolled her eyes.

"I already do though." Y/N laughed. She looked around and the apartment isn't as bad as Nayeon explained it to be. Yes it's small but it's decent, neat and clean. 

"I guess you haven't had dinner yet right? You should join us." The man said.

"Oh, I'm good,  Mr. Im." Yes, she didn't have dinner but it'll be a bit awkward to have dinner with Nayeon and her dad.

"We're not taking any no's. Accept this as an apology." Nayeon said and grabbed Y/N's arm leading her to the table.

"Dad and I will get the table ready in a few minutes, you just wait here."

"Oh let me help you." Y/N was about to stand up but Nayeon pushed her lightly making her sit back on the chair.

"You're not helping us. You'll just sit right here and wait for us, okay?"