Chapter 20

A few days have passed since the date and Y/N and Nayeon texted a few times but they didn't get the chance to meet up again until today. Nayeon texted Y/N a location asking to meet up there, which was a nearby coffee shop near the convenience store.

She arrived there first and sat down at a table. In all honesty, she's very nervous. She doesn't want to tell Y/N what she's about to tell her, but she has to. Nayeon just hopes that Y/N will believe her lies. Y/N is quick gutted and she knows when Nayeon is lying so there is a possibility that the younger woman won't accept Nayeon's answer. Yes, she made a promise to Y/N and she hates to have to break it. Hopefully Y/N won't notice that she's about to lie to her today.

After waiting for about five minutes, Y/N finally showed up. As always Y/N was looking amazing. Anyone who looks at Y/N can see that she's a confident woman. She just has that aura around her.

"Hey." Y/N smiled and sat down in front of Nayeon. She wanted to hug the woman but didn't feel like Nayeon would appreciate it.

"I already ordered for the both of us."

"You know what I like?" 

"I ordered what you had ordered when we met up with Minsu." Nayeon revealed.

"Oh you still remember that?" The cop smiled. 

"Yes, don't feel flattered."

"I do though." Y/N laughed. Nayeon looked at Y/N's smile and she hates that in a few minutes that smile will fade.

"I guess you have an answer for me since you asked to meet up." The younger woman started the subject right when their drinks arrived. "So you liked the date right?"

"I... I didn't I'm sorry. I gave you a chance but it just wasn't for me. I don't think the two of us will get along. Although I think you're a good person, you're just not my type and I didn't really enjoy the date so I'm sorry but I think it's best if we end everything here." And there Nayeon blurted out everything as she played with the straw of her latte because she was nervous.

Y/N kept silent for a few seconds as she took a sip from her drink, which made Nayeon only more nervous.

"Why are you breaking your promise to me? You promised me that you would be honest."

"I'm not breaking my promise. This is how I actually feel." Nayeon expected that Y/N would question her honesty.

"You're really telling me that you didn't enjoy our date after you had a smile on your face that whole evening and after you kissed me?" Y/N raised her eyebrows. She knew Nayeon was going to do this so she's not surprised in the slightest bit.

"I had a smile on my face because of what I promised to you. I was trying to have fun but I didn't in the end. And I kissed you to confirm to myself that I don't want this and I was right. I didn't feel anything when I kissed you." This time she looked into Y/N's eyes saying all of this.

"So the kiss didn't mean anything to you?"

"No, it didn't. Some parts of the date were fun yes but I don't want for us to continue to do this."

"So what now? You never want to see me again?" Y/N asked after she drank from her drink again.

"Yes. I think it's for the best."

"Okay, if that's what you want then I'll never show up in front of you again."

"W-what?" The older woman furrowed her eyebrows not expecting this. Y/N obviously knows that Nayeon lied to her so why is she accepting this so easily?

"Unless you're actually lying to me?"

"No, I'm not."

"Okay then I'll grant your wish and we will end everything here. After all I also have a promise to keep. I told you I would leave you alone if you didn't have fun."