Chapter 42

Four months have passed since Y/N got shot. Nayeon has changed a bit since then. She's putting more effort on getting along with Y/N's friends and family and Y/N is very glad about that. Her family and friends are now also accepting Nayeon little by little. Her parents even told her that Nayeon isn't as bad as they thought. Y/N is very hopeful that soon everyone around them will accept this relationship. 

As for Minji... Y/N hasn't seen her for almost four months now. Minji transferred to Itaewon station and she heard that Minji is doing well there. Apparently she came to the station a few times to visit her friends but Y/N wasn't present at the station at the time so she couldn't see her.

Nayeon called Y/N and informed her that she will be coming to her apartment today. Tzuyu and Dahyun aren't home so Y/N and Nayeon can spend some time alone.

"Hey love. Come in." Y/N smiled as she opened the front door for her lover. Nayeon walked in and Y/N pulled her into a short kiss before they sat down on the couch.

"You know our one year anniversary is coming soon right? I was thinking for us to go travel somewhere. We've been dating for a year now but never really travelled together." Y/N smiled.

"I don't really have the money for that right now..." Nayeon looked down.

"Why are you worrying about that? I have money. See it as my gift for you for our anniversary. I was thinking maybe we can go to Thailand? Or maybe Taiwan? How does that sound?"

"Y/N..." Nayeon's expression totally changed and it seems like she's not liking the idea.

"What? You don't like the idea? We can go anywhere you like, I don't mind. As long as we're together." The cop caressed her girlfriend's arm. "If you want we can even go to Australia or South Africa. I'll take off of work and I'll convince your boss to let you take off as well. He won't say no if I ask." Ever since the incident at the convenience store about a year ago, Nayeon's boss has been nice to Y/N.

"It's not that... it's just...."

"Hmm you don't want to travel? Then we can stay here as well. If you want something simple like dinner then we can do that too."

"Y/N, I need to talk to you about something." Nayeon suddenly looked her deadly in the eyes.

"What's going on? You don't seem excited about this."

"I don't really know how to say this. I've been thinking of doing this for a while now and I think it's best if I do this before our anniversary instead of waiting. I... I want to break up with you..." Nayeon said and Y/N couldn't believe her ears. Is she hearing this right? Nayeon can't be saying this.

'This is a joke right?" Y/N chuckled. "This must be a joke."

"It's not. I want to end things with you."

"Where does that suddenly come from?" Y/N furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head not understanding this at all. "We're doing so well right now. My family and friends are finally accepting you and we haven't even argued in the past like three months."

"This isn't about you but about me. I can't do this anymore. I'm sorry. It's best for us to break up." The older woman said.

"Can you at least tell me why? There must be a reason. I don't think you would just wake up one day and decide to break up with me." Y/N asked but Nayeon just sat there in silence. "Do you not love me anymore?"

"No, no, I do love you Y/N."

"Then what is it? Is there someone else?" The cop asked and Nayeon shook her head.

"There isn't anyone else either."

"The issue can't be my family because they aren't giving you a hard time and it can't be Minji either since I haven't seen her in four months. So what is it, Im Nayeon?"