Chapter 21

Exactly one month has passed since Y/N last showed up at the convenience store. Nayeon knew that Y/N would stop showing up yet somewhere in her heart she was hoping to see Y/N again. For two weeks she was actually happy that Y/N stopped showing up, but the two weeks after that she started to look around the store in the hope that Y/N came to see her. But she was disappointed every single time because Y/N was nowhere to be seen.

She only now realises how Y/N was a light in her dark life even if it was for a short time. For 15 years Nayeon felt down and suffocated. She dated a few people here and there but they never managed to break down her walls, yet Y/N managed to do so in a very short timespan. And without Nayeon even noticing, she felt like living again. She was smiling again and most importantly she felt joy again and it was all because of Y/N. But now that Y/N is gone, all of that is gone too. 

"Just go to her if you miss her." Chaeyoung chuckled.

"W-what?" Nayeon furrowed her eyebrows.

"You keep watching the door for about two weeks now and you also keep looking out of the window. I know you want her to show up."

"I'm not looking for her."

"Yeah right." Chaeyoung sighed. "You've been in a bad mood ever since she stopped showing up. Don't tell me that you don't care because I know you do."

"Even if I care it doesn't matter. I won't ever see her again." The older woman stated.

"Look if you miss her and regret what you said to her just go to her and apologize. I'm sure she'll forgive you."

"Whatever, just continue to work." Nayeon shrugged it off.

------------------------------

As for Y/N ever since what Nayeon said to her she promised herself that she won't go to her anymore and she hasn't been doing that for one month now. Nayeon's words were harsh and they hurt her. Y/N might be a nice and understanding person but sometimes her pride gets hurt too. The words that Nayeon said to her clearly indicated that she doesn't want Y/N around her anymore.

At first Y/N just thought that Nayeon was playing hard to get but now she thinks Nayeon is truly not interested in her and her hate for the police might be too large for Y/N to handle. She has to admit though that going to the convenience store everyday to see Nayeon was fun. She had something to look forward to every day. But now all that she's doing is work, work and work.

Y/N  doesn't really understand why Nayeon keeps occupying her mind though. When she stopped seeing her, she didn't think that she would still think about Nayeon but here she is one month later thinking about whether or not Nayeon is doing well. She doesn't get why she's interested in the older woman. Yes looks wise Nayeon is exactly her type, but personality wise... not really. 

She can't help but compare Nayeon to her ex girlfriend. Although Nayeon and Minji are a bit similar when it comes to appearance, their personalities are opposite. Minji is sweet, kind, caring and polite. But Nayeon is the exact opposite. She's rude, violent and aggressive. Why does she feel interested in someone who's like that?

"Y/N-ssi." Sua suddenly showed up in front of her desk.

"Yes sunbaenim?"

"Did Kangmin sunbaenim already tell you that we're having a team dinner today?"

"Oh no he didn't. What is it about?" Y/N questioned.

"I don't really know. He just said that the team leaders have an important announcement to make."

"Okay, what time is it?"

"8pm at the usual restaurant." Sua answered. They have a few team dinners every year and it's always at the same restaurant.