Chapter 14

"Are you sure Tzuyu and Dahyun won't mind us staying at your place?" Y/N's mother asked.

"Of course not, in fact they're actually excited that you will stay over for the weekend, it's been a while since a family member stayed at our place." Y/N answered as they were on their way to her apartment. 

When they arrived, Tzuyu and Dahyun welcomed them with open arms and they were both excited to play with Minjun.

"Aww he's so cute." Dahyun caressed his head.

"He seems to be having fun around pretty girls, huh?" Yuri chuckled, seeing her son all smiles. "We should put him to bed, honey." She told her husband and the three went to the guest room.

"And I'll go get a shower." Y/N informed and left as well.

"Girls, is Y/N behaving? You guys know what she's up to, tell me if she's misbehaving." Her mother asked her daughters' roommates. 

"Yes, she's behaving. All she does is work so there's nothing we can really tell you." Tzuyu answered.

"Aish she should make use of her youth and go out more. I get that she got out of a relationship but isn't this taking too long? Isn't she going on dates or something?"

"She doesn't want to go on dates. We made her go to one, but it didn't end well so after that she will definitely not go on another date." Dahyun sighed remembering what happened with Nayeon.

---------------------------------

The next morning, Tzuyu went to work while Dahyun said that she will visit her family. As for Jaehyun and Yuri apparently they will meet some of their friends and asked Y/N and Mrs. Park  to take care of Minjun, to which they agreed.

"That means it's you, me and Minjun today. What do you want to do, mom?"

"Actually, I also have something to do." The woman suddenly stood up. "You'll be able to take care of Minjun right?"

"Yeah, I will but where are you going?"

"There's something I need to do. It won't take long. I'll come back in one or two hours. You can go out with Minjun, I'll join you two later."

"Well, let me at least give you a ride." Y/N suggested in confusion, feeling like her mother is hiding something.

"No need, I already called a taxi."

"Mom, why did you call a taxi when I could've given you a ride?"

"Yah, why would you give me a ride? Do you think I will get lost? I was born and raised in Seoul and lived here for 50 years. I'm not here on vacation." The woman scolded. Y/N just sighed and told her to text her when she's done.

"I'm going now, take care of the kid." Mrs. Park said and left the apartment.

"I guess it's just you and me today, little boy. Let's go to the park and get something to eat after that."

-----------------------------------

"Mrs. Park? What are you doing here?" Minji immediately stood up when she saw Y/N's mother in front of her at the police station.

"I wanted to talk to you. Can you spare me some time?"

"Ah yeah sure, Sua-yah can you take care of here?" She asked her colleague.

"Yeah, go ahead." Sua smiled.

"Let's go, ma'am." Minji showed her the way and the two went to a nearby cafe.

"I'm sorry I showed up at your work so suddenly. I just really wanted to talk to you."

"It's okay. You can show up anytime you want." Minji smiled weakly.