𝟭𝟳

★。+゚☆ Brook ☆゚+。★

I went straight to Kathi, I had to talk to someone about it. And she was the only one I could go to.

As I waited outside her door for someone to open it for me, I kneaded my hands until they hurt.

When Kathi finally opened the door, I didn't wait for her to ask me in but walked straight past her and took off my shoes. "I've done something stupid Kathi, something really really stupid." I said and looked at her.

She looked at me worriedly and scrutinized me closely. I must have looked awful. My hair must have been a total mess and my make-up must have been totally smudged.

"Okay, girl. Relax first. Sit down and I'll get you something to drink. And be glad my parents aren't here." She said and led me to her sofa. I sat down and she disappeared into the kitchen.

She came back with a glass of water, which I took and drank a sip before putting it on the coffee table. Then I turned to her and she sat down next to me.

"So okay, now tell me what stupid thing you did." She said and I envied her for her patience. If I had been her, I would have told the story myself long ago.

"I let Chris kiss me." I said directly and looked at her fearfully, afraid of what she would say. Her eyes widened and her mouth opened slightly. I tried to find the words to explain myself but I couldn't find them.

"oh my god." She said and then the words just spilled out of me.
"Yes, I know, that was totally stupid and I don't know what I was thinking myself. I guess it was just the moment it felt right to me. I also don't know what happened to me when I was the one who kissed him again. And then-" she interrupted me.

"YOU KISSED HIM A SECOND TIME THEN?" I pouted and looked away. "Oh my god, I can't believe it. You kissed Christopher Sturniolo. The boy you were sure you'd never feel anything for but hate." She said and grinned, she thought it was funny.

"Kathi!" I shouted at her.
"Why are you shouting at me like that? It's not my fault you kissed him." She said and looked at me with her bitch look.

"I know, I'm sorry. I'm just confused," I sighed. "Maybe it's time you finally admitted to yourself that you've developed feelings for that guy." She said and shook her head.

"Oh no. There's nothing to admit. It was just a kiss. Even if it was my first, it doesn't have to mean anything. I mean, he's kissed lots of girls. Maybe he's just one of many that I've kissed. Besides, how could I possibly be in love with him? We are so different that we could never get along in the long run. And yes, I know that he might feel more for me, but that might not last. He has new girls all the time and I'm not falling in love with him, otherwise I'd just be one of all his other chicks. And-" she interrupted me again.

"God, Brook. Who are you trying to convince that you don't love him? Me or yourself?" she asked, leaving me speechless.

I didn't know what to say because she made me think. Could it be that I had fallen in love with him? With him, of all people, who I thought I didn't like.

That would explain everything. Why I thought about him so often, why I sometimes felt the way I did, why I sang to him even though I never did, why I didn't like seeing him with other girls and why I enjoyed his presence so much.

Fuck, she was right. I was just trying to convince myself that I wasn't in love with him. Because I had fallen in love with him.

"Brook, you must realize that. You fell in love with him. I mean, you gave him your first kiss. And you liked him so much that you kissed him again. And if you didn't care, we wouldn't be sitting here talking about it." She said and it made me angry that she was right again.

"Yeah, okay, and if I liked him, I could still never be with him. Never with a clear conscience and enough trust." I said and stood up to look at her.

"Please don't start with the Dora thing again." She asked me and rolled her eyes, annoyed.
"But the thing is, he's her ex, it feels like I'm betraying her." I explained to her desperately.

"God Brooklyn, be a little selfish for once and think about yourself. Maybe he's the love of your life and maybe you're the love of his life, which she apparently wasn't. Besides, she's not here anymore anyway and you're not even in contact." She said and you could tell she was getting angry too.

"But-" I said, but she didn't let me get a word in edgewise.
"Nothing but. You have to realize that she's not here anymore. She's gone. And I don't understand how you can still be loyal to a person who moved away from here because of a broken heart without even once saying goodbye to you." She had stood up while saying this and was now shouting in my face.

"Okay, maybe you're right, but now think about it. How am I supposed to know that he doesn't do the same to me as he does to her? How am I supposed to know that he won't just write me a message saying that he's sorry but he's breaking up with me and then blocking me on all social media platforms and I don't even know why? How am I supposed to be sure?" I shouted back.

"OH MY GOD BROOKLYN. You're so afraid of getting hurt that you won't even allow yourself to get involved with someone who really loves you." She said, shaking her head and moving away from me. And I just looked at her. Is that really what she thought of me? And was she right?

"And yes, maybe he'll do it just like he did with Dora, which I don't think he will. But you would survive that. What if you just asked him about it? Maybe there's an explanation for all this that you have no idea about. You were far too quick to pass judgment on him without really knowing him. Yes, he didn't even know you, even though he was the boyfriend of your supposed best friend from back then. If you had been as important to her as you always claim, she would have wanted you to get to know him." She said more calmly but her words hurt me so deeply because I knew she was right about everything.

I sat back down on the sofa and buried my face in my hands and I was surprised when I felt how wet my face was, I didn't even realize that I had been crying.

Then I heard her phone ring and I looked up at her. She picked up her cell phone and when she took a quick look at it, she picked it up.

"Be brief, I can't really talk right now." She said and looked at me. I heard the voice in her cell phone say something and she started to grin.

"Oh really Matt? Chris and Brook kissed?" she said, looking at me happily. I wasn't surprised that Chris had already told his brothers, I hadn't been any better and had gone straight to Kathi.

"Can I call you back, she's already with me." She said into her cell phone and I gave her a mad look. Why did she tell him that? He would go straight to Chris and tell him that I hadn't managed to tell anyone either.

She hung up and then looked at me with her hands on her hips. "Chris never goes to Matt and Nick and tells them when he's kissed a girl and that he did it this time should prove to you that you really aren't just any girl, but a very special girl."

"Fuck you Kathi." I said so that she understood it as fun. "What should I do now?" I asked her and looked at my hands.

Everything she had just thrown at me was true, I was loyal to someone who didn't deserve it and I'd never know what was going on inside Chris if I didn't talk to him.

"I would advise you to take your time and put some distance between you first. So that you can both think about the situation. And that you realize how you feel about him, because he seems sure Brook."
"You're right. About everything." I confessed.
"I know, even if I wish I wasn't right about a few things." She said with a sigh.

"But how am I supposed to avoid him when I see him tomorrow at my cousin's birthday party?" I asked desperately. Then she sighed again. "Then focus on something else, but not on him. Keep your distance."

But how should I do that if I just realized that I have feelings for hin.

(A lot of feelings here but she finally know that she's in love with Chris 🥰😂 -M)