𝟮𝟰

★。+゚☆ Brook ☆゚+。★

Luckily, Adrian had gotten his driver's license the week before. Otherwise I would have had to call my mother and explain to her why I was crying my eyes out.

But I couldn't avoid the explanation. "What happened?" my brother asked me as I got into the car he had parked outside the restaurant, soaking wet. He looked at me with concern, something I didn't often see in him.

I sniffled and sighed. I didn't want to explain it to him, I didn't want to explain it to anyone. I just wanted to go home and cry but on the other hand I wanted to go to Chris and I beat him.

I just gave Adrian the piece of paper that Jonathan had given me. I watched his reaction as he looked at the paper. At first he seemed confused but that quickly turned to horror. And again tears came to my eyes and I wondered when I would finally stop.

"What's that?" He asked as if he hoped it wasn't what he was thinking.
"They were betting on me, Adrian. Not just for me, but also for the other girls who are on it." I explained to him through tears.

For a moment he looked at me in disbelief, but then his horror changed to anger and then pity came into his face, pity for me. And I hate being looked at like that.

"Stop looking at me like that, I'm fine. I knew what I was getting myself into." I wanted to say confidently. But I fell flat on my face. I was a wreck that had once been untouchable, but it had strayed in that direction and was ambushed and then drowned in the sea of its tears.

And I sat in front of him, unable to hold back tears or sobs. I buried my face in my hands so that my brother wouldn't see how Chris's betrayal hurt me, how much it broke my heart.

After a few seconds, I noticed how he put his arms around you and stroked my back. And that was so atypical for us, normally he was the one who was down because of a girl and I was the one who had to comfort him. Even though I didn't like the situation I was in, I was grateful that he was there.

"It's all right." I said in a shaky voice through tears.
"No, it's not." He said and hugged me even tighter. And it hurt to know that he was right, it wasn't okay at all. And then I let myself fall into his arms and hugged him too.

"What am I going to do now?" I sighed, sounding like I was in the worst pain in the world, which is honestly what it felt like.
"I don't know." I let go of him and sat up straight, looking at him.

I looked out of the windshield, it was still raining cats and dogs and I found the weather so fitting for my situation. Depressed and sad.

"He's such an asshole." My brother said angrily and shook his head. No, he's not, I thought and was angry at myself for thinking that. Because it wasn't true, he is an asshole, he had bet on me.

"And I fell for him." I said with a sigh and dried my face with my hands.
"Everyone is, I thought he was in love too." "That's what he said."

I thought about the moment he told me that he had fallen in love with me. His look, it was so real. And I would never have believed it was his lie, never. It had just slipped over his lips, how could it be a lie?

But the memory hurt me. And I forbade myself to think about it again, otherwise I would start crying again.

And then I remembered that I still had a date with him tonight, and it annoyed me that a small part of me still wanted to see him, not to hurt him, but just to look at him and enjoy his presence.

But the rest of me wanted to hurt him, scream at him and curse him for what he had done to me. And I was so helpless because I didn't know what I should really do now.