Chapter Three: Blades In The Dark

It broke through the darkness and plunged its blade at you, only managing to narrowly evade as the neon orange armblade pierced the wall behind you. Raising your fist, lightning crackled around it as you sunk it into the side of the assassin's faceplate, a satisfying sound of the electricity colliding heavily flooded your ears.

Though much to your dismay, there was no signs of damage.

It whipped its head around, returning a much harder punch that sent you staggering back, allowing it time to free its arm from the wall before attempting to attack once more. Bringing the blade downwards, it attempted to slice diagonally across your chest, another successful dodge would buy you another chance to strike back as you threw your chained kunai forwards.

But your foe was much faster than you had anticipated, elegantly sliding underneath it before rearing its leg back and forcing it against your stomach. You grit your teeth as you felt a new pain that you hadn't felt before, grunting in pain as you collided with a stack of crates at the other end of the carriage. Scurrying to your feet, you went to pull the chained kunai back, only stopping when you noticed the rapidly approaching assassin. A series of stabs and swipes were thrown mercilessly at you, only being able to evade it due to relying on your lightning which granted the additional mobility you needed. With your back against the stack of crates, the adrenaline flooded your veins as you went for a counterattack, your palm connecting with the assassin's chest as a small amount of lightning propelled the assailant away.

Forcing yourself up, you tugged on the kunai's chain as it flew back towards. You moved away from the crates and began spinning the chain around before redirecting the kunai's momentum towards your opponent, the blade flying towards your aggressor. The assassin raised its blade, parrying the kunai and smacking it off to the side as it clattered against the cold floor. You pulled the chain back, watching the assassin bot with narrowed eyes as it went in for another attack. Catching the kunai, you met its blade with your own, struggling to compete with the machine's strength as well as the sheer size difference when it came to the weapons you wielded.

Locked in a match of strength, you held your ground against the machine. Although you were evidently ill-equipped for such a duel, the will to succeed in this battle overruled any other thoughts.

The machine reeled back its free arm and clenched its fist, launching it towards your face with a loud whir. You were able to move out the way in time, but the metal scraped against your cheek, cutting it slightly as crimson blood leaked down your face. Unintentionally wincing, you decided it was time to play the aggression card, moving to the side as you let go of the kunai. The omnic wasn't prepared for such a move, the force they were applying to win the stalemate threw them forwards as they staggered in efforts to stay upright. Now behind the murder bot, you spun the chain and launched the kunai straight into the shoulder piece of the omnic. Holding the chain tightly, you forced lightning down the chain and into the kunai, electrocuting the assassin as its mechanical form shook and sparked.

You kept the current flowing through it, pushing yourself to increase the voltage in hopes that it would be enough to kill it. You weren't winning a direct engagement with this thing, not in a small confined space like this.

You went to take a step forward, lightning sparking around your other hand when a sudden jolt of pain coursed through your head, your body being sent to the ground as you yelled in pain. The electricity around your body flickering and dying off, your hand going to the back of your head, now holding it in pain as you tried to recover. Your vision swayed, your legs struggling to respond as you tried to catch your breath.

Just as you went to stand up, a metal hand grabbed your neck, lifting you up before throwing you straight upwards. Your heart dropped when you felt yourself go straight through the ceiling, finding yourself back outside as you hit the top of the tunnel before falling back onto the train. The sound of the vehicle moving echoed in your aching mind, your hands grasping onto the train desperately as you tried to not go flying off. Your eyes slowly began to readjust, a strained cough escaping you as you very carefully began to stand up.