Chapter Eight: Trust

A month had passed since you joined Overwatch. During that time, you had met everyone and befriended most of them, finding yourself in a place where these heroes of the world were quickly becoming people you could rely on as more than just teammates. Illari was right, just about everyone knew who you were, whether that was from watching your initiation or hearing about you from Winston. The way you had made an impactful first impression had certainly paid off when it came to introductions.

You had quickly become good friends with the shimada brothers and their friend Kiriko, the four of you finding a mutual respect for the precision and discipline it takes to use the weapons that you do. You often found yourself mixed in the middle of their conversations, each one you found yourself grateful for. Genji, though once foolish and idle minded, was actually the inspiration behind your original weapon design. Though you can't really say that phase lasted very long.

The amount of times you dropped the prototype blade or accidentally cut yourself with it was a number you desired to keep secret.

Hanzo was someone who you'd find yourself getting into late night conversations with, the deep sort of discussions where he had told you of the things he had done in his past. You shared regrets, stories, battles, and sorrows. He was someone who you had grown pretty close to over the course of a month.

Kiriko was the polar opposite of her two older 'brothers' who very rarely took something seriously. You two had made it your sole mission to mess with each other whenever you were able to, ranging from getting her strange fox thing to bite your leg from time to time, or you deliberately giving her electric shocks or poofing up her hair with static electricity. She was definitely the one you goofed off with the most whenever you both had downtime.

Their companionship was most certainly welcomed.

Another person you had met and got along with quite well was an influencer from Korea named Hana Song, though her internet name and callsign went by a strange name called D.Va. She was a very energetic person, often comparing you to a character from her video games. Truthfully, you understood very little of what she was saying most of the time, often using terms and phrases that you didn't get in the slightest. But she was nice, and honestly, kindness is all you could really hope for out of someone.

Bastion had eagerly introduced you to a small Swedish man named Torbjörn, an engineer who had been here since Overwatch's original formation. It turns out that he had repaired and helped Bastion since he mysteriously reactivated, explaining that the two had been repairing the world bit by bit as war torn veterans. Though evidently short tempered, you mostly managed to avoid his bursts of anger, though those were rare as it was.

Reinhardt and Brigitte were a duo that you were grateful to know. They wasted no time in sharing their tales of adventure and glory, hearing about the roads they had walked and the battles they had fought. The German man's entire personality worked as if it emitted inspiration and confidence into the air, even at the age he was, he seemed like he could take on the entire world. Brigitte was heroic in the same sense, but her attitude was a lot calmer and down to earth. In one of your first discussions, she had presented the idea of changing yourchain for something more automated, something that wasn't wrapped around your arm.

It was something you were still considering. You didn't really want to throw away years of muscle memory in exchange for ease of use.

But the person you had spent the most time with had been Illari. After having to wait in that control room for what felt like forever, it turned out that you two would always be applied to the same team due to how Winston and Commander Morrison believed that your augmented abilities would compliment each other. From what you had gathered Illari was also quite new, only arriving a week before you had made your debut, making it so that you two discovered and understood things together.