Chapter Eleven: Synergy

Illari coursed through the air as a bolt of light left her weapon, tearing through the metal of one of her pursers as parts of it were incinerated into embers. Soaring further ahead, she dipped a little lower, the whirring of the small jet like engines of the robotic enemies that chased her ever present on her tail. In a burst of light, she shot upwards as the light around her died, her momentum slowly dying as she formed a golden orb in her hand before slamming it into the side of the rifle. She threw her weight to the right, spinning herself around as she began to plummet towards both the ground and her flying aggressors.

Raising her rifle, she aimed and swiftly fired a bolt forwards, piercing multiple opponents that were perfectly lined up, red bolts of plasma flying towards her forced Illari to release solar energy off on the right side of her body which propelled her to the left, successfully dodging the attack before firing and destroying the flying drone. Raising her weapon, she swung it downwards and obliterated the metal case of a drone, splitting it in two with the sharp front of the solar rifle before returning to firing at a new set of enemies. Using her light to her advantage, she continued to use her method of energy manipulation to thrust herself from side to side which only proved to be incredibly efficient in removing every target in her path.

She pivoted on the spot and turned herself around, her back facing the ground as she gazed back up into the sky and raised her weapon to engage once more, annihilating those who chased her as they exploded into small flaming fragments. She continued to freefall, firing bolt after bolt, her accuracy proved to be nothing short of impeccable despite her current circumstances. For a short moment, the sky was full of scorched drones that pulsed with solar energy which slowly incinerated them, burning so hot that it began to melt even metal. The aerial engagement continued as a new series of drones flew in, a scoff left the light-bearer's mouth as she charged the rifle with solar energy again before returning to the fight.

She felt the solar light encase her before gravity's clutches were released, no longer being dragged down towards a splattered death as Illari soared through the air once more. Blasting left and right, her foes fell from the sky in a blazing aftermath as she pressed on back towards the Titan. The once large pursuit force had now been reduced to no more than a small irritable swarm to which Illari continued to pick them off one by one. A bolt flew past her head as she returned fire, her light piercing the drone as it crashed into another, disabling both units as they imploded. Wasting as little time as possible, she destroyed the rest of the drones before flying back towards the Titan.

Her eyes fell to scattered parts of the nightmarish robots you had been left to fight by yourself on the fields below, the lack of sight of you gave Illari some form of relief as she looked to the Titan a little bit ahead of her, faint figures fighting on top of the shoulder only confirmed the relief as her light glowed brighter as she soared forwards.

But as she arrived, the usual blue arcs of lightning had been all but replaced by a vicious and wild purple. Where there was once control and elegance to your lightning, there was only raw aggression and malicious intent. Your body acted as a pylon, your kunai a conductor that directed your vengeful power onto your foes as you moved faster than what you normally would. The bolts of lightning that left your body and weapon shredded and tore through everything it touched, a rageful frenzy is what carried your aggressive momentum. Her eyes went to your arms, the now busted up gear you wore allowed her to see what looked like purple cracks in your skin that shone, unsure of whether it was an injury or perhaps a mere show of what could be taken as your strength. Only now had she noticed the purple lightning like streaks that shot up your neck, a set of glowing eyes, though again purple, similarly matched her own.

She began to wonder just how alike you two truly were.

Though those thoughts were immediately interrupted as a large boom echoed, sounding like the striking of thunder as she refocused on the battle below her. One of your opponents flew across the Titan's shoulder before it crashed into its head, the automaton imploded on impact into a spectacular purple display as every part and component of it flew off into smoking debris. The fight raged on as your movements were near enough a blur, the aggressive lightning striking your foes as you directed it with your weapon, the moment your kunai made contact with the metal of your opponents the electricity rushed through them and wreaked havoc upon their internal circuits. One thing Illari noticed more than anything is how loose your technique seemed to be. Not in the sense of that it was weak, or in a sense that it was predictable or sloppy. But how less restrained you appeared to be, almost as if a part of you moved without restrictions. If blue lightning was the calm and elegant, then this purple side was the aggressive and destructive elements of a storm.