𝗢𝗡𝗘. 𝟭

𝗖𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗔𝗚𝗢, 𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗢𝗜𝗦

-
𝗡𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟴, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯

The blaring alarm jolts Kentrell awake. With a groan, he fumbles to silence it, his phone displaying '6:15 AM'.

He sighs, knowing he has to rise and get his son ready for daycare.

Sitting up in bed, Kentrell stretches before rising and making his way to the bathroom, conveniently connected to his room.

Once inside the bathroom, Kentrell takes a warm, quick shower, mindful of the time. He knows he needs to wake his son, get him dressed, and leave by 7. The thought of his son's aversion to mornings brings a smile to Kentrell's face.

The boy is just like his father, a thought that simultaneously warms and saddens him. It's disheartening that his son barely knows his own father.

Kentrell let out a frustrated sigh, the weight of annoyance and anger evident in the sound.

A few minutes later, he finishes his shower, shutting off the water and stepping out, wrapping a towel around his waist. Another sigh escapes him as he gazes at his reflection in the mirror. "I need to hurry up." He mumbles to himself. The insistent blaring of his alarm serves as a sharp reminder that it's now 6:30.

Exiting the bathroom, he discards the towel and begins to get dressed. In no time, he's wearing grey sweatpants, a crisp white t-shirt, and black socks.

Leaving his room, Kentrell makes his way to his son's room. A smile graces his face as he sees the baby stir in his sleep, as if sensing his presence.

"Kayden, wake up," he keeps his voice soft and steady, aware of how his son reacts to loud noises. "You have to get ready for daycare."

Kentrell steps away from the bed and walks towards the dressers, preparing his son's outfit. The child had a bath last night, so he's all set for the morning.

Turning his head, Trell sees his son now sitting up. "Morning, Draco." He walks over, leaning down to kiss the child's forehead.

-

Dressing Kayden proved to be a struggle, but the easiest part was coaxing him into his shoes.

Kentrell picked a pair of jeans and a Paw Patrol shirt for Kayden to wear today. By the door, Kayden stood bundled in his coat and hat. The cold Chicago winter air reinforced the need for extra layers.

Kentrell's phone displays '7:15 AM', sucking his teeth. "Come on, Kay," Draco extends his tiny hand for his father to hold, and Kentrell obliges. He quickly checks to make sure they have everything they need, and indeed they do.

Walking outside, Trell hisses as the cold weather hits his face. "Colder than a bitch out here, come on, baby." He strides towards his car, unlocking the doors and swinging one open. Gently, he lifts Kayden up and secures the 2-year-old in his car seat.

Kentrell ensures that Kayden is securely strapped in before closing the door and making his way to the driver's seat. Once settled in the car, he glances back and sees Kayden engrossed in a show on his iPad.

With a satisfied nod, Kentrell starts the car and pulls out of the driveway, heading towards the daycare. The familiar routine eases the chill of the morning. As they drive, he steals a glance at Kayden, grateful for these moments together.

Little did he know, this day would hold unexpected twists that would forever alter the course of their lives.

-

Wassup niggas, IM BACK. I've been reading a lot of Von and Kentrell books, so I was like 'why not make one' so I did. I hope y'all enjoy.