𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘. 𝟯

𝗖𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗔𝗚𝗢, 𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗢𝗜𝗦

-
𝗡𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟴, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯

Kentrell shot a wary glance at Dayvon, his hand instinctively moving toward the pocket where he kept his phone. Von, equally on edge, shifted his gaze towards the door.

The knock persisted, forceful and demanding. "I don't know, man," Von muttered, his eyes narrowing. "Should we answer it?"

Before Kentrell could respond, the knocking grew even more insistent, echoing through the room. "Open up, Dentrell!" a voice called from the other side, causing Kentrell to roll his eyes.

Kentrell stood up from where he was seated next to Von and opened the door.

Dayvon watched as Kentrell came back with a male who was a little shorter than him, sporting green hair in locs.

"I told you to stop knocking on my shit like that," Kentrell spoke. "Next time, I'ma put a bullet in ya ass, Baby Hoe."

The green-haired male ignored him and turned his attention to Dayvon, who was already staring at him.

"Your ass wasn't lying. Why you got King Von in your house?" The male asked, looking back at Kentrell, who was mugging the shorter guy.

Before Kentrell could answer, Joe turned his head back towards Von.

"My name's Joe, and you kinda look like a lesbian with them dreads," Joe spoke, shrugging his shoulders. Kentrell let out a sigh, and Von shook his head, laughing.

"Shut the fuck up talking, Baby Hoe," Kentrell said while Von was still slightly laughing at Joe's joke.

Joe smacked his teeth. "You ain't my daddy, nigga." Von saw the look Kentrell shot towards the male, and the two started going back and forth, engaging in a friendly argument filled with cuss words, making Dayvon crack up laughing.

Dayvon's phone started to ring, indicating that someone was calling. Von stopped his laughter, pulling his phone out of the pocket of his hoodie next to his gun.

The banter between the two males ceased at the ringing of the phone. Joe shot Kentrell a look of confusion mixed with worry upon seeing the gun emerge from the rapper's hoodie pocket.

"Hello?" Von's voice was kind of deep, something that Kentrell liked. "Nah, I'm on my way back now," his voice changed to slightly irritated.

'Damn. Who changed his mood like that?' Kentrell thought, looking at the rapper, whose face had a bored look upon it while listening to whoever was on the other end of the phone.

Once the call ended, Von stood up from his seat on the couch with a sigh. "You okay?" Kentrell asked the rapper, who only nodded. "I gotta go," Von said, noticing the semi-sad look that briefly appeared on the other's face before it disappeared.

He also looked around to notice that Joe wasn't in the room anymore.

"How you gonna get to where you gotta go?" Kentrell asked, now standing in front of Von, concern laced within his voice.

"How you know I ain't got my car?" Von asks, making the other roll his eyes. "Bitch. If you had your car, you wouldn't be at my house."

"I'm not no bitch. So watch that shit," Von said, his voice deep, making a shiver go down Kentrell's back.

"My fault," Kentrell mumbled, looking down at the floor before meeting Von's eyes when the older started to speak again.

"My cousin is picking me up," he said, looking at his phone and typing on it before continuing his speech. "Not from here though. Like 2 blocks over. I didn't know if you were comfortable with me giving out your address."

The dent-headed male nodded in understanding. "Lemme get your number," the rapper said, making Kentrell scrunch his face up.

"Nah," was the man reply, making Von look at him. "Nah? Why not?" he questioned.

"I don't mess with rappers," Kentrell stated firmly.

Von raised an eyebrow, a playful smirk on his face. "You might make an exception for me, though."

The two exchanged a brief stare before Von chuckled. "Anyway, hit me up on Instagram if you change your mind about that number."

As Von headed toward the door, Kentrell watched him go, a thoughtful expression lingering on his face.

-

I'm glad you guys are enjoying this! I'm actually enjoying writing this 😭 I really missed y'all, and writing. Baby Joe will ALWAYS be a green head to me idc.