𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥. 𝟰

𝗖𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗔𝗚𝗢, 𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗢𝗜𝗦
-
𝗡𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟮, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯

𝗞𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗥𝗘𝗟𝗟 𝗣𝗢𝗩:

As I scrolled through Instagram, Von's handle caught my eye. The memory of our conversation played on repeat in my mind, and for a moment, I hesitated.

Should I send that message?

Curiosity battled with uncertainty, and I couldn't shake the feeling that this digital connection was about to change everything.

I clicked on Von's Instagram, realizing I was already following him, which wasn't a surprise. I'm a big fan of his music. Hesitantly, I moved my finger between the 'message' button placed next to the 'following' button.

C'mon, Kentrell, you might get your son a new stepdaddy.

I suck my teeth at my thoughts. I debate in my head for a couple of minutes, before mumbling 'Fuck it.' and pressing the button.

-

𝗬𝗕𝗡𝗘𝗢𝗡: Hey, it's Kentrell. Changed my mind about that number. What's good?

𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗩𝗢𝗡𝗙𝗥𝗠𝗗𝗔𝗢: 👀 Took you long enough, Li' Ma. Not much, just chilling.

𝗬𝗕𝗡𝗘𝗢𝗡: 😒 Don't call me that. Chilling too, I guess. What you up to?

𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗩𝗢𝗡𝗙𝗥𝗠𝗗𝗔𝗢: Studio in a bit. Wanna roll through?

𝗬𝗕𝗡𝗘𝗢𝗡: Maybe. We'll see.

𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗩𝗢𝗡𝗙𝗥𝗠𝗗𝗔𝗢: Come through, please Ma.

𝗬𝗕𝗡𝗘𝗢𝗡: Lmao. I can't, my son is with me.

𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗩𝗢𝗡𝗙𝗥𝗠𝗗𝗔𝗢: Bring him with you.

-

I look up from my phone to Kayden, who is sleeping on the couch next to me. Paw Patrol is still playing in the background.

I really want to see him, but am I ready for him to meet Kayden? No.

-

𝗬𝗕𝗡𝗘𝗢𝗡: Nah. I'll come see you though, just not bringing him.

𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗩𝗢𝗡𝗙𝗥𝗠𝗗𝗔𝗢: why?

𝗬𝗕𝗡𝗘𝗢𝗡: Idk who you got around you. If one of them touches my son, I'ma have to beat somebody's ass.

𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗩𝗢𝗡𝗙𝗥𝗠𝗗𝗔𝗢: The niggas around me ain't like that, but I understand, Folks. Keep your son safe.

𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗩𝗢𝗡𝗙𝗥𝗠𝗗𝗔𝗢: here's the address tho *11xx random address*

-

I put the address into my GPS, seeing that it's only 40 minutes away from me. Good.

I left Von on seen as I exit Instagram and go to my contacts, scrolling until I see my sister's name.

Pressing call on her contact, placing the phone to my ear, the phone rings for a little before going to voicemail, causing me to suck my teeth.

Shawty never wanna answer her phone, annoying ass.

A deep sigh leaves my mouth as I move on from her contact and find Joe's.

I go to messages this time, knowing Joe responds faster than actually answering the phone.

As I text Joe, Kayden begins to stir in his sleep, which means he's about to wake up.

-

𝗞𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗥𝗘𝗟𝗟: Gotta see someone. Can you watch Kayden for a bit?

𝗝𝗢𝗘: No prob. How long you gonna be?

𝗞𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗥𝗘𝗟𝗟: Couple of hours. Be cool, I appreciate it.

𝗝𝗢𝗘: Gotchu. Kayden's good with me.

𝗞𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗥𝗘𝗟𝗟: Thanks, bro. I owe you.

-

A smile comes onto my face as I place my phone on the charger. Slowly, I pick up Kayden, which does no good because he wakes up as soon as I remove him from the couch.

"Hi, Mommy's baby," I say, kissing his forehead. "You wanna go see Uncle Joe? Hmm? He wants to see you, baby."

Kayden nods his head, rubbing his eyes. I let out a laugh at how sleepy the boy is; he reminds me so much of that man... it's insane.

I take Kayden upstairs to his room, get him dressed in something comfortable, and before packing his bag, I give him nightwear. Heading downstairs, I start packing his dinner – nuggets. I'm pretty sure Joe will give him food at his place, but Kayden is picky sometimes, so I just send him with food.

I place Kayden's coat on after slipping his crocs on. "Watch TV, baby. I'll be right back," I say to Kay, who ignores me and starts watching the television, which is still playing Paw Patrol.

I look over at him to make sure he's good before going upstairs to start getting dressed.

After getting dressed, I grab my phone and check the time. Realizing it's almost time for Kayden's uncle Joe to pick him up, I head back downstairs. Kayden's eyes light up when he sees me.

"Mommy!" he exclaims, a big smile on his face. I scoop him up, giving him a tight hug.

"Hey, little man. Uncle Joe is coming to get you," I say, ruffling his hair. Kayden's excitement is contagious, and I can't help but smile.

As we wait for Joe, I make sure Kayden has everything he needs – his bag, some snacks, and a toy for the ride. The doorbell rings, and Kayden squirms in my arms, eager to see his uncle.

"Uncle Joe!" he shouts as I open the door. Joe grins, greeting us with a cheerful, "What's up, little man?"

Handing Kayden over, I remind him to behave and listen to Joe. As they leave, I can't help but feel a mix of emotions – a bit of relief and anticipation for what the evening might bring.

-

Okay, do y'all like firsts person POV? Should I do more?