Ch.1

Spencer's P.O.V

There are 5 seconds left in the Super Bowl and the Rams need a touchdown to win the game. Luckily there was enough time for one more play to get the ball into the end zone, and everyone could tell who the ball was going to.

The center snapped the ball to Darnell and Spencer faked the slant route and ran to the end zone as fast as he could. With the Bills blitzing on defense, Darnell had to get the ball out of his hands. Luckily, he saw Spence get past his defender and he threw it in his direction. It was a price to pay for Darnell as he got tackled but got the ball off on time and it was caught by Spencer as he ran his way in for a touchdown and the Rams were once again Super Bowl champions.

"Yo Spence! That was one hell of a catch. You saved my ass on that one." Darnell said as we were relieved the game was finally over.

"I gotta give you props D. You hung in there the entire game. Defense was all over you, but you prevailed."

"Hey let's not forget you called the play!" Jordan came up to us and he was as excited as us that we won the game.

I know how devastating it was for Jordan that his career in the NFL was cut short due to a major concussion injury, but he found his calling card as he was soon announced as the offensive coordinator for the Rams at the beginning of the season. We were all sad once we found out that Jordan was retiring from the NFL. He had a serious head injury once, and he wasn't going to go through it again. For the sake of Simone and their kids, he wanted to be there for them, but Simone persuaded Jordan that even though he couldn't play, he could try and coach. Like father, like son. But as soon as Jordan got the job as the Offensive Coordinator for the Rams, Coach Baker talked with him and to not make the same mistakes he did when he was coach. Once that happened, Jordan always made sure that Simone and the kids were his priority.

"You right, J! Great call, now we are on top of the world!"

"Daddy!" I heard my daughter running towards me and she jumped into my arms. "You won the championship Daddy!" Gianna said and hugged me.

I then saw my beautiful wife carrying our other baby girl, Kiara, and they were both happy.

"Congratulations Daddy!"

"Thank you, Liv! Thank you, baby girl!" I said.

Playing in the NFL may be my dream that turned into a reality, but marrying the love of my life and the family we've built was even better. I never imagined that I would be the man I am today, but I have my loved ones to thank for that, and I know my Dad would be proud.

The NFL commissioner presented us with the Vince Lombardi Trophy as we celebrated our win against the Buffalo Bills.

"And to the MVP of this year's Super Bowl, Spencer James, congratulations." Rodger Goodell said as I shook his hand and accepted the award from him.

"Thank you, Mr. Goodell! There were many MVPs tonight and I want to share this award with them. We did it as a team and glad we got the W."

After the Super Bowl, the team had an after-party in Hollywood and everyone wanted to celebrate.

"Hey y'all, don't forget we still got the after-party. We bout to turn up tonight." JJ said as he was hyped for later on tonight.

"I think I'm going to pass this year fellas. I want to celebrate with wife and kids." I said to them.

"What? No Spence, you coming with us. We won the Super Bowl. Loosen up a little." JJ pleaded his case.

"Yeah, Spence. Liv, please tell your husband the season is over and he doesn't have to worry about the next game until next season starts." Jordan added.

"Spencer. It's fine. Go have fun with your boys. I'm going to take the kids to Simone's house tonight. I'll be with her."

"See Spence. Problem solved."

"Just don't go too crazy."

"I won't. I promise Liv."

"Don't worry Liv. We'll make sure Spencer gets back home. Tomorrow, he is all yours."

I sure hope I'm not going to regret this.
----------------------------------------
Hey guys, sorry for the delay. Work has been crazy, but glad I was able to get this book up. I'll try to update when I can. Just a little intro to Love & War. Not much angst in this chapter obviously, but buckle up because it's going to be quite a journey for Spelivia. All I gotta say about it, is trust the process. Let me know your thoughts in the comments section.