Ch.11

Spencer's P.O.V

"What about Kiara, Liv? You said you cheated on me while we were married. Was that another lie to mess with my emotions?" Spencer asked with tears falling from his face

"Spencer..." I said not able to control my emotions and Spencer cut me off.

"It's not that hard of a question Liv. Either you did or you didn't have an affair.

"Ok. So here's what happened..."

Flashback

Olivia's P.O.V.

"I can't believe you, Spencer. You promised me you would be at my award ceremony."

"I know and I'm so sorry. Tonight was a big deal for you and I planned on being there tonight, but I got held up in practice and my coach wouldn't let me leave practice early. If I did, he would've suspended my next football game."

"You see. That's your problem, Spencer, all you care about is football. Lately, you've never been around me or Gianna. When I accepted my award tonight and gave my acceptance speech, it didn't feel right because you weren't there. I wouldn't be in this position without you Spencer. I've accomplished these things in my life and it doesn't feel complete because you're not there. Then when it comes to Gianna, you're hardly even home. It's like we're divorced and I'm doing everything as a single mother."

"Liv, I'm providing for our family when I'm not here. We are taken care of financially, we have a roof over our heads, and I try to be here at home when I'm not away for a game. I want to spend as much time with you guys as I want to, but whenever the season starts, it's out of my hands."

"I don't care, Spencer, you need to need to do more than that. You were always saying you wanted to be a better father than Corey, well you're doing the same thing he is."

"Don't you dare disrespect my father Liv. I would never abandon my daughter."

"Then do better Spencer. You almost missed her graduation from kindergarten a few weeks ago, luckily she didn't notice, but I sure as hell did."

I went to pick up my purse and work laptop as I wanted to go to the office to get away from Spencer for a little while because I just need some space from him."

"Where are you going Liv?"

"I'm going to the office to finish some things. I'll be back in a couple of hours."

With Spencer and I still arguing, I thought it would be best to get the bounty scandal article finished. It's not due for another week, but I needed something to distract me from all the drama I've been with at home.

I look to the side of my desk and see the picture of Spencer and Gianna. Every time something feels off while I'm working, I can always look back at them because they give me the encouragement and support I need to get my work done. Only if Spencer was the same back then as he is now.

Tears started falling from my face.

Out of the blue, I hear a noise and see Malcolm walking into the office.

"Hey Liv, what are you doing here?"

"Um, just catching up on some work."

"Catching up on some work, shouldn't you be celebrating your award for best writer of the year with your family."

"Well surprise, surprise, Spencer never showed."

"Oh Liv, I'm sorry to hear that. How are you holding up?"