Ch.18

Olivia's P.O.V

It's been a week since I was released from the hospital, but now today marks the day I am going to rehab. As disappointing as it was for me to be away from my girls for 90 days, I had to do this. Spencer and I agreed not to tell the girls why I would be going away for a while, but deep down, it was killing me that I wouldn't see them again for this long.

As Spencer finished putting my luggage in the trunk, I said goodbye to the rest of the family.

"We'll miss you, Liv. I know this is difficult for you, but getting the help you need is a priority. Three months will go by fast." My Mom said and hugged me.

"We're here for you baby girl. You got this." My Dad told me.

I looked down at my girls and they were emotional when news broke that I was going away for a while.

"Mommy, we don't want you to go. Please stay." Gianna said as tears from her eyes.

"I promise I'll be a good girl, Mommy; just please don't go." Kiara added in.

"Gianna. Kiara. Come here. This is not your fault. Mommy just has to take care of some things, but I will promise you both that I'll be back. But you Daddy and the rest of the family that'll be here for you whenever you need. I love girls so much. Time will go by fast before you know it. I said as both of them hugged me, not wanting to let go and tears were in all of our eyes.

I waved everyone goodbye and Spencer drove me to the rehab center in Santa Barbara.

The drive to Santa Barbara was silent. I was still upset at Spencer for the way he forced his hand was I woke up at the hospital. How he threatened to take my kids away from me really hurt, but I did understand that as a father he was worried about their safety because I kept my usage of drugs and alcohol a secret.

We finally pulled up to the facility and this was really happening.

"Olivia. I know you may hate me right now, and me forcing you to do this next step may be difficult to understand, but just know I wanted to do this because I thought it was the best choice. If you still hate me after this, then I won't hold you back anymore."

"What are you saying, Spencer?"

"I'm saying that if want out of this marriage, I won't stop you. I love more than life itself, but I don't want to be a burden to you anymore."

I grabbed Spencer's hands. "Spencer. Look at me. When you forced me to go to rehab, I was upset by the way you said it, especially when you said you take my kids away from me, but it was also a wake-up call. You were right Spencer. I do need help, and I'm glad you gave me that extra push. I don't want out of this marriage, that's why I'm going to rehab so I can do better for you and our family."

"Thank you, Liv. And for the record, I was only bluffing when I said I would take the girls from you. I would never keep them away from you. I couldn't do that even if I wanted to. I'm sorry for saying it, but I was just trying to get through to you."

"I know. And we're here now."

After our conversation, I checked into the front desk and everything was all set.

"I'm proud of you Liv. I know this isn't easy, but it'll work out." Spencer said to me.

I grabbed his hands. "Just promise you won't leave me when I return."

"I promise." He said as he gave me one final goodbye kiss.

At that moment I just wanted to hold onto him and not let go.

"I love you, Spencer."

"I love you more."

We pinky swore and kissed our thumbs at the end.