Ch.5

Spencer's P.O.V

It's been almost a month since Liv and I decided to get a divorce. Now we live separately; she and the girls are staying at the house while I'm staying at one of my condos for the time being.

I've been in contact with Coop lately and so far we found any evidence that clears my name.

Regardless of what the outcome turns out to be, I can't and won't turn my back on Gianna and Kiara, even if that means I'm not their biological father. I see them on the playground swinging on the swings and to see them smile gives me little hope that I haven't failed them as a Dad.

But if I'm being honest, none of this is complete without their mother. Even though she despises me, deep down I still love her, even though it's been killing me. Sometimes love isn't enough and I honestly don't know what to do.

While I was watching the girls, I heard my phone vibrate and saw Coop was calling me.

"Hello?"

"Yo Spence. I got something you're gonna want to see."

"What is it?"

"Just get over to your mom's house ASAP. I need to show you this in person."

"I have to drop the girls off first at Liv's, but I'll swing by afterward."

"All right."

I drove back to the house and dropped the girls off. When we entered the house, I was about to say goodbye to them until they wanted to know I was coming home.

"Daddy, when are you coming home?" Gianna asks me.

"Baby girl, your mom and I are working through some things, but we love you both so much. No matter what happens between us, I'll always be here for both." Gianna and Kiara both hug me, not wanting to let go.

While we hugged, I saw Liv coming down the stairs.

"Hey, girls. Did you have fun with your Dad?"

"Yes." Gianna and Kiara replied.

"Good. Say goodbye to your Dad, I'm pretty sure he has to go now." I glanced at Liv with what she said and assumed the worst of me.

"Bye Daddy."

"Bye, girls. I'll see you next week."

Once the girls were upstairs, Liv and I finally got a chance to say what we needed to say.

"Liv what the hell is wrong with you? You always jumping to conclusions these past couple of weeks about me wanting to leave the girls early. I brought them back ON TIME like you asked. I want to spend more time with them, but you refuse to give me that opportunity."

"You want to talk about jumping to conclusions Spencer. How about the fact that you're giving our girls' false hope by saying you'll be there for them. You're the one who said you wanted a paternity test."

"Yeah because your lying ass went behind my back and fucked other guys without protection when we were together, before and after we got married. I just wanted closure and the truth if I'm the father or not. But regardless of the outcomes Liv, I meant what I said when I told Gianna and Kiara that I will always be there for them."

"You can say that now Spencer, but you'll just end up hurting them in the end, just like Corey did with you and Dylan."

"Fuck you Liv!"

"Yeah okay, Spencer. Why don't you go fuck Rochelle again because both of you sure as hell had a good time the other night?"

"I already told you nothing happened between me and Rochelle. But go on Liv. Keep telling yourself that."