Ch.9

Spencer's P.O.V

It's been two months since I was in a car accident and things have been very difficult. I know I'm the one to blame for my actions as everyone was in disbelief at how reckless I could be in driving while intoxicated. But the love of my life messed with my emotions when it came to my daughters. I can't even be in the same room, but for the sake of our girls, it's taking a lot from me not to lash out at her.

Flashback

"Mr. James. Glad to see you are awake." Doctor Smith walked in as I was finally able to gain consciousness.

"Where am I? What happened?" I asked.

"You were in a car accident, Spencer; which led to you being in a coma for almost a month."

"I was in a coma for that long?"

"Yes, but your head has healed and you only have a broken arm and broken leg from the car accident. It will take some more time to heal. But I'd also recommend some physical therapy. You won't be capable of doing the things you normally do without some assistance."

"Great." I said sarcastically. "But as for the physical therapy, do you have any recommendations?" I asked Doctor Smith.

"I do. But Mr. James, I understand this is difficult to process, but you not putting more work on your broken arm and leg will help. Let me get you the contact information of the physical therapist." Doctor Smith walked out

"Don't worry Spencer. I'm going to be there for you-" I cut Liv off without hesitation.

"I don't need or want your help Liv! Don't act like you care because  all of this shit is your fault!"

"Spencer Alonzo James! I'm gonna need you to take that base out of your tone." My mom stepped in.

"Are you serious Mom? You're standing up for her now all of a sudden. After everything she has done to hurt me and our family, you forgave her that easily?"

"Spencer. Olivia made a huge mistake when it came to our family, but she has owned up to it and has continued to do better. She is still your wife and the mother of your children."

"My children? She said that and you believe her? I'm the father all of a sudden. Where's her proof, Mom?"

"Spencer, I'm so sorry for everything. For not believing you when you've tried to be honest with me. I accused you of having an affair instead of standing by your side during the cheating scandal. I took my anger out on you and all I wanted to do was make you suffer. Spencer, I will do whatever it takes to earn back your trust again. Please don't give up on us or our girls. You are their father." Liv said begging me for forgiveness.

"You're sorry? You broke my heart, and you're not my wife Olivia. I lost my wife the moment she blew up in my face, gave up on me, and reached out to her lawyer to serve me the divorce papers."

"I withdrew from the divorce. I don't want to go through with it. I'm here to stay and fight for our marriage, no matter what or how long it takes because I love you Spencer James. More than life itself. You have a lot of anger and hate towards me, but I'm hoping you can forgive me one day."

All I could do was shake my head in disbelief not knowing if I should allow Liv to help me with my recovery, but also deciding on if our marriage is worth saving.

If I'm be honest, only time will tell.

End of Flashback
------------------------------------------
Olivia's P.O.V.