Ch.17

Spencer's P.O.V

It's been a few hours since I found Liv unconscious, and now I'm waiting in the waiting room hoping to hear back from the doctors regarding her status.

I didn't even know she was drinking and taking drugs. How could I not see this? I know we've had our differences, but regardless of that, I take her recovery very seriously.

"Spencer?" I heard my Mom walk in and was glad she got my message. I couldn't be here alone.

"Mom. Thank you for coming. Where are the girls?" I said as tears were falling from my face.

"Of course. The girls are back home with D'Angelo. What happened Spencer?"

"Olivia relapsed."

"What? Oh my god. Oliva's been drinking and using drugs again? Did you contact her family?" I nodded my head.

"I did. They're on their way. God, this is all my fault, Mom."

"Spencer don't you dare say that. Did you know about this?"

"No."

"Then you couldn't have known she relapsed."

"But I was so rude to Mom. When I found out that I wasn't able to play at the beginning of the upcoming season, I was so angry. All the time and physical therapy I went to was a waste of time because it caused a setback. I blamed my injuries on Liv when I got in that car accident."

"Spencer Alonzo James. Why would you do that to her? Your wife has been nothing but supportive of you during these past few months. Olivia did make mistakes when it came to y'all's marriage, but she has changed Spencer. She's taken responsibility for her screw-ups and from the looks of it, everyone has seen her change, but you." I nodded my head and acknowledged what she told me."

"All the things said to her, I want to take them back. I just want to see my wife again. I can't bear to lose her and then tell the girls what happened."

"Son. Listen to me. Olivia will make it out, and when you do, apologize to her. She stood by you when you were recovering. Now it's your turn to do the same."

"We have to get her the help she needs, even if she's against it."

"What do me if she's against it?"

"Remember when Liv relapsed back in high school?"

"Yes."

"Well, she was against going back to rehab, but luckily there was an intensive outpatient program that she attended. But I think it would be best if we send her to a different facility. I called Nurse Joy about Olivia's relapsing, and she highly recommended an inpatient rehab program."

"Well, I'm glad you're taking action on this."

"I just want her to get the help she needs, even if she hates me for it."

"She'll come around, son. Just be there for her every step of the way." My mom hugged me.

After our conversation, we saw Liv's parents, Jordan, and Simone walking towards us and they wanted to know what happened.

"Spencer, what happened to Olivia? Where is she?" Jordan asked me.

"Olivia relapsed. I found her on the floor unconscious with an empty bottle of vodka and pills around her."

"Oh my God?" Laura and Billy were in shock. "She's going to pull through right?" Mrs. Baker asked me.

"I'm still waiting to hear back from the doctor."

"You did this. You did this!" Jordan grabbed me and shoved me towards the wall. Then he punched me as hard as good, causing me to bleed.

"What the fuck is wrong with you Jordan?" I asked him.