Ruggie x GN!Reader

~angsty fluff~

You did not expected a certain hyena to become your best friend in such a short time. Greetings, jokes and more...

...

In a Saturday morning, you were in the school garden, sitting under a big tree, reading Mansfield Park peacefully.

"Morning Prefs."

You flinched at the sound and noticed Ruggie.

"Good morning."

He grinned and sat beside you. Then placed his arm around your shoulder.

"What are you reading?"

"Mansfield Park."

"That old thing? Is it good at least?"

"Oh it's amazing. I love the protagonist."

"Shshshsh. Good for you I guess."

He sighed.

"I've got some time before I will have to prepare Leona's breakfast..."

You felt bad for him having to do all that work. Also, you related since you've been living a similar life due to a certain weasel.

"Wanna sleep? You look like you didn't sleep for days."

"Do I?"

"You have dark circles."

He checked with his fingers. Also attemted to figure out by looking with his flip phone's screen. You gave him your phone.

"Thanks... I'll repay for this."

"You don't have to."

"That's not how it works in the outside world. You give something if you want another thing."

"I am built different." (You're such a Chad, Reader😏)

"Okay then..."

He checked his eyes.

"Shoot, I look like that shut-in dude."

"You mean our senior Idia Shroud?"

"Was that his name? Okay then, he is the dude."

You laughed and petted his hair a little. He seemed surprised at first but happily leaned into your touch.

"Ah yeah, to the left, left."

His tail was wiggling as you petted him. Such a cute sight to see.

"Thanks, now I owe you two."

"RUGGIE BUCCHI-"

...

After school cleaning time. You were moping the floor. Ruggie came in when he saw you.

"Whatcha doin?"

"Moping... Hey, you said you owe me right-"

"You already refused it, I don't work like a machine."

"... I'll bake you donuts. Chocolate."

His ears perked up and he took the mop from you with shiny eyes. Soon, it was all finished.

"Thanks, now let's go."

...

You were baking his donuts. Until you felt two arms wrap around your waist. You looked at him.

"Ruggie?"

"Your so kind..."

"Where did you get that from?"

"You... Don't expect anything from me even if you do a favor."