Azul x GN!Reader

~Fluff+lime+angst(mostly)~

(Spoilers for Book 3)

"It seems they still can't trust me..."

Azul, loved you. He adored every single thing about you. The way you smiled, even if it was slight. The way you called out people's names, even if it was mostly Grim. The way your face lit up when you talked about your interests.

It all made his heart skip uncountable beats. He wanted to touch your face, to hold you in his arms, to gaze into your eyes, to kiss you all day.

But, was this possible?

You struggled to trust him still. How can you? After everything that has happened... Contrasting his adoration for you, you had nothing but fear and distrust for him.

Everytime he wanted to talk, you avoided him. He lied, manipulated, blackmailed, forced you out of your only residence in this stranger world, which you don't have anyone but your friends who are minors.

He apologized after his overblot, you said gladsome words to him. But you can't get yourself to fully accept him...

Today you left Grim to Scarabia and got back to the Mirror Hall, only to see the boy. He seemed worn out, he probably just got out of P.E. He noticed you, his cheeks got pink. He took a step forward, you hesitantly took one back.

"Well hello there, Prefect."

"Hi..."

"Such a good day, right?"

"In rain?"

"Uh, y... Yes, of course!"

He crossed his arms, his gazed softened. 

"Would you like to visit Octavinelle for a minute? I want to talk to you."

What is he plotting again? What will he attempt to do? Will he hurt you again? One more time? 

"Okay... I'll come."

He smiled warmly.

"Splendido! Shall we... Go?" (No, none of you can convince me that he and the twins aren't Italian)

He extended his hand to you. You just stared at it. He seemed a bit disappointed but his smile remained. You two went to the mirror and passed to the  goregous underwater dorm.

You noticed him looking forward, confidently. Why did he suddenly seem so attractive? Why was your heart beating faster? This is wrong, you shouldn't be falling for an obvious red flag. He apologized, right, but he is still shady. He still makes points about other students's magic. No, he is still unworthy of your deepest trust. 

You two arrived at Mostro Lounge. He made you sit on one of the couches, then Jade welcomed you, a first year student you don't know well brought you your order. Azul came back in his dorm uniform on and looked at you.

"Let's go to my office after you finish your drink, okay?"

"Mhm."

You purposefully finished your drink in almost 30 minutes. You had to do everything in hand, "demise" sounds better when it's later.

You then went to his office, just as you expected, he gave you a contract.

"You give me half of your life, i'll give mine to yours."

"What... What does that mean!?"

He leaned forward on the desk and caressed your cheek. 

"You don't know, my dearest?"

He stood up from the desk and placed his hands on your shoulders from behind. He leaned closer to you.

"No, why would you?"

"I... Can I hug you?"

"Um..."

You just nodded and he wrapped her arms around you. One hand on the space between your chest and shoulder, the other softly caressing your hip. The room was dark, making this moment and his whispering, sweet voice more intimate. You felt his gentle breath on your neck. His desires to be close to you is getting out of control.

"I adore you. Would you do me the favor of becoming mine? Can I call a gracious person as you my 'Partner'?"

He started to whisper loving words in your ear, yet this isn't right. You shouldn't be here, in this moment of love.

"I... No."

His hug loosened and he looked shocked. His glasses dropped on your lap. You looked at his face, his eyes were wide open.

"W-why?.. I... You... I love you... And..."

"I really wished there was a world I could've trusted you, Azul. But after everything you done to me and the student body, I struggle to have faith in you... You didn't change all that much after your overblot... I am sorry, though."

You noticed his eyes tearing up and he stared at your face in disappointment and pain.

"Is there really no way?"

"Sorry..."

He let you go, you handed him the glasses. He sat back on his desk and you waved at him before leaving. After the door was shut, he broke down crying violently.

"I thought someone could actually love me, how dumb I am! No one wants an ugly, selfish, shady octopus who always lies and manipulates!.."

Mhmhmhm. Heya, it's me ya boy(or gal) Nagi. It's the first oneshot of this year and I wanted to say thank you for +3k reads and all your support. I am really in the mood for angsts ;w; And it's my first time writing on a laptop!( It was slightly more comfortable than phone) I don't really think I will continue writing this book, unless I get requests. I want to focus on my book, completely about Lilia. I have 2-3 more ideas in mind and if I get requests, I might delay my Lilia fanfic for a bit. 

Sooooooo, hope you all have a peaceful, healthy and happy year. Have a nice day/night!