Chapter 19 - the truth

———————————————————

You heard utahime, momo, kusakabe and miwa exchanging quick conversation. Utahime sighed before she continues and spoke in a more lower tone so you won't able to hear it.

"Also y/n. She was nobara's adoptive sister. Her real parents was never seen after her birth."

"Wait what? So.. you mean.. y/n wasn't really her sister?" Miwa questioned quietly in shock.

Thanks to your great senses, you were able to hear what utahime said. Your heart skipped a beat, you looked at utahime from behind.

"W- what do you mean.." You spoke in a soft tone but your face was filled with surprise, disbelief and grief. You can feel your heart sinking. With that, utahime immediately turned around to meet your gaze, her eyes were filled with guilt that you heard what she said.

Everyone's attention was now focused on you, even geto and choso stopped arguing in the distance. Your eyes were locked on utahime's and you were frozen.

"Y/n..." she started and moved step closer to you. "May i see your back?" She said while waiting for your permission.

You blinked with your eyebrows furrowed. You got confused about her words. "Huh? Why?" You replied as your palms started sweating.

"Please let me see it so we will find out." Utahime replied in reassurance. You let out a tired sigh before you nod. Once you agreed, utahime went behind you, she gently pulled down the back of your uniform, but you held your front fabric tight so you won't get too revealed.

Gladly, miwa and momo stood in front of you to help your front more hidden.

Once utahime pulled down the back of your uniform top, there.. was a mark on your upper back. Her eyes went wide.

(For preference, this was the example of the mark btw!)

———

"W.. what's wrong?" You questioned gravely.

Utahime stayed silent for a few moment. The mark was more likely skinned and not like a tattoo-ish.
"Do you know about this mark?" Utahime questioned as she traces the mark on your upper back. You simply nod.

".. yeah, it was there ever since. Why?" You replied while raising an eyebrow. Your eyes drifted to choso who was looking at you worriedly, he was holding the urge to look at the mark.

'So she's aware of the mark. But she doesn't know what exactly it means.' Utahime thought. She looked at geto, and he looked so serious and it seems like he knows everything.

"Y/n.. this mark-," Utahime was cut off when geto interrupted. "It's not important so shut it utahime." He said with a fake close eyed grin.

"No you shut up!" Choso yelled at him dismissively. With that, utahime took the chance to explain fastly before it's too late.

"Y/n, the mark on your upper back represents that you were duplicated. Not physically, but spiritually. And in a good way." She began to explain, she paused for a moment to look at choso before meeting your gaze again as her hand remained on your upper back.

"150 years ago... In the Meiji Era, one of the kamo ran a temple, where the woman who was capable of giving birth to human and spirit hybrids."

"During her time there, it was recorded in history that one of the kamo had apparently taken the woman as his prisoner because of his curiosity, with him having performed numerous experiments with her that resulted her having nine pregnancies that lead to the creation of the nine cursed womb, death paintings.

But one thing about that kamo does was.. he added a one last experiment by taking choso's own blood and transformed it into a cursed marble. And whoever swallow it, will give birth to someone and that kid will already get marked according to the marble's, who's blood was transformed from. Will be his.

Many decades later. The present day where the kamo found its right target, where he grabbed the woman and forced her to swallow the cursed marble.

That woman.. was the one who gave birth to y/n, resulting her to have that mark on her back. But after the birth of y/n, kenjaku killed the woman. And.. i was the one who found y/n and rescued her. Though, grandmother kugisaki were eager to have her and make y/n as nobara's adoptive sister until it's confirmed."

Utahime finished her explanation as she pulled up the back of your uniform again. Everyone was shocked especially you and choso. Your mouth was agape, you are full of disbelief, shock, speechless, anger and more. The emotions you felt right now was unexplainable. Your hands started trembling and your eyes met the ground.

"... that's why he kept appearing in my dreams... and i still can't believe i was adopted.. and that woman who gave birth... my mom.." you mumbled to yourself as your pupils were dilated, you were out of words. Then yuji approached and placed a hand on your shoulder.

"Y/n.." He began then panda quickly pulled him away so he was the one who can speak to you.

"Y/n so that mean you are choso's-," utahime immediately landed a kick on panda's stomach to shut him up. "Panda!!"

"M-mark!" Panda continued while he spluttered from utahime's kick. "So that means they are meant for each oth-," miwa also spoke but quickly received a smack from utahime. Your eyes darted to them while still being frozen in your tracks.

Meanwhile choso started dashing towards geto. "How!! How dare you!!" Choso exclaimed furiously. "How dare you try to brainwash me huh!?"

"by killing y/n and itadori!! But especially y/n!!"

Then abruptly, the short haired uraume cuts him off by sliding next to geto. It was a non binary. "Step aside. Don't make me wait any longer." Uraume spoke that made choso even more annoyed.

"Get the hell out of my way!"

————————————————————

To be continued...

I really enjoyed writing these! I hope y'all like it, and this story will have a very long chapters too. See you in the next chapter!