Chapter 28 - unconscious

—————————————————————

"Flowing red scale: stack!" Choso's blood markings changed and causing new ones to appear.

Naoya frowned while struggling to move "that's no answer." He gagged "i'm... talking about your cursed technique..!" Naoya grunts weakly, mentioning about choso's technique and not about his brothers.

"Tch, guess I'll keep you guessing." Choso scoffed with disinterested expression. Then choso backed away from naoya leaving him confused as choso's massive volume of blood spilled from his body onto the ground.

He manipulates it into a wave of blood that rushed towards Naoya, making him even more confused. At the same time, choso's mind always drifted back to you worriedly, but he needs to finish the blondie for what he did.

"Please hold on a while y/n." Choso murmured to himself, clenching his fists when his eyes shifted back to naoya.

Naoya overheard it but didn't said anything because he was dumbstruck about the blood spilling on the ground. "What's this!!?" He blurted out. "How can he bleed that much and still alive!?" Naoya started overthinking while panicking inside.

Choso had a blood mixed from cursed spirits and humans, allowing thim not to die of blood loss because they can convert cursed energy into blood.

Choso used his hands to guide the wave of blood that forced Naoya to back away, and naoya tried to avoid the blood but he lose his sight. "This- is ridiculou-"

Choso suddenly appeared few feet away from naoya, on his left side. He started firing a Piercing Blood shot to naoya and made him struggle to dodge.

"You know what comes next." Choso suddenly spoke, a hint with no emotion while still in his firing stance. "This is checkmate." He continued.

Naoya coughed feebly "You sure? Go on try it then." He still managed to smile confidently and with dripping arrogance, but choso can sense that naoya was just trying to mask his 'slowly getting weak' body.

'When is this creature going to stop.' Choso thought to himself being unfazed.

"Supernova!" Choso exclaimed and activated his supernova attack, causing the large orb of blood to shoot out in several directions and brutally strike naoya's body like a buckshot.

Naoya suffered and was defeated. Plenty of small blood bullets pierced through his body, receiving massive damage.

Choso watched as he suffered "That wasn't enough." He mumbled, being undeterred before turning away from the blondie who was almost dying.

Then choso's heart skipped a beat, his eyes went wide after realizing again that you were still currently three buildings away after naoya attack you with his projection frame.

He started running with all his might, rushing towards the place "No- no she's not dead right!?" Choso started murmuring on repeat.

It took him few minutes before arriving there. He saw your unconscious body on the ground, your uniform had many cuts that your arms are almost exposed, and your back was still pressed against the destroyed wall.

"Y/N!" Choso dashed and kneeled, placing his hands on your shoulders before placing one on your chest, checking your pulse. "Come on.." choso whispered anxiously.