Chapter 40 - fell

—————————————————————————

"Hm?" You slowly looked up with your other eye closed, to see who it was.

"Huh?" No one was there. You immediately get up to your feet, feeling suspicious.

'No one's even here.' Your eyes starts scanning around, searching for the source of the man's voice. You decided to settle down again.

"Hilarious.!"

You heard the same voice once again and that made you rose once again in anticipation. You raised an eyebrow, being more increasingly suspicious, frustrated and also nervous.

"Nothing's funny." You grunted with a deadpan.

The voice laughed menacingly "Sure, there is, you don't wanna know, don't you." The voice was noticeably getting closer and closer.

You took your nunchuck just in case, ready to beat their ass down. You were getting more impatient, so you walked and being fixed on to jump out of the roof and keep an eye on choso. The roof wasn't too high.

Suddenly, the man's laughter was almost just behind you and all of a sudden grabbed your shoulders and forced you to turn around. Your heart skipped a beat.

"HAHAHAHA it's just me!"

It turns out it was just itadori, your bestfriend. That was unexpected, and you almost choke in the air and jumped the slightest.

You smacked his arm "YOU SCARED MEEEE! Why would you do that yuji!" You blurted out, placing a hand over your chest.

He laughed once again, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly "My bad! I was just bored... hehe.."

"Bored? I was looking for you earlier though! And megumi said you were dealing with someone on the other building?" You replied.

"That was before and it was finally over." He chuckled proudly.

"Did you win?"

"Of course!"

"How did you even get here? On top of this roof?"

He places his index and thumb under his chin, pretending to think "uh... the nue took me here before you. I'm also chilling here, you know, taking a short break."

"Ehh? Don't you know, your big brother and megumi were fighting down there?"

Itadori paused with wide eyes in surprise "Really? Wait.. let's go-"

"Really." You scoffed with a small wry chuckle and started walking and stopped on the edge of the roof.

Itadori followed behind you "So.. we— jump?" You took a deep breath, waiting for his response while giving him sidelong stare.

"No call the nue again!"

"Noo it's already gone!" You knitted your brows.

"Call fushiguro."

You deadpanned "Choso knocked him down."