Chapter 38 - mixed emotions

———————————————————————

The familiar looking crimson blood was immediately recognizable "choso.!" You grunted under your breath.

Megumi who already fell to the ground in pain after being struck by the bloody attack. You rushed to with a look of concern and worry, quickly kneeling down next to him "Me- gumi!"

You reached your hands out to carefully grab his forearms and help him lift to his feet. You were taking extra care to hold him firmly as he stood upright and provided him with support to prevent him from falling again.

"Who the hell was that!?" His voice was filled with confusion, but there was a simmering rage under it.

Your mind was racing in thoughts, it was tangled in mess "uh— come on let's leave here you're injured!" You were still holding his forearms so he won't fall while walking and staggering.

You and megumi left the secluded spot, struggling to walk straight because you were also holding his weight. Megumi covered his hand over the gaping wound on his stomach, trying to stem the flow of blood.

"Sit right there! Let me heal it!" Your voice was in panic, you helped and let megumi sat on the bench nearby.

'If it's choso— wait but he's not even here! he's guarding tengen..!' You thought with a sigh.

But you do know already that the piercing blood shot was from choso, but you weren't sure and you thought that maybe there's just someone part of the fight club game who had the same technique as him.

"Does it hurt?— of course it is." You the side of your head with a slight pause when you said that. You gently remove his hand that was covered on his stomach.

"..I- yeah you already said it." Megumi replied quietly before closing his eyes, allowing you to take care of it.

You placed your hand over the wound "Does anyone here have a..." you tried to describe choso's techniques "You know... like having blood power like that?" You asked.

"Blood power?" Megumi raised an eyebrow, slightly confused.

"Ah- just like what happened to you... it was piercing blood. So does anyone here have? Your opponent or some?"

"I don't think so. Why?"

"It's... pfft nevermind, and sorry you were the one that got hurt." You trailed off while still in the process to heal him.

"It's fine y/n, now tell me."

"About someone here having a blood power?" It was a bit funny in your mind. But you shook that thought off, because megumi is in his worse condition.

"Yeah, why did you ask about it?"

"Just curious."

"Don't think so.."

"It's true."

"Don't think so."

Now you couldn't focus "E- ugh, just hold for a while if you want me to heal you.!" You placed your hand over his stomach once again, releasing reversal energy, allowing it to flow, reverse the effect to restore the wounds.