Chapter 39 - rivalry

——————————————————————————

As megumi activated his technique, two small toads materialized, their forms taking shape. They landed on his side and prepared for attack.

Choso's expression was twisted in disgust, you can clearly see he doesn't like frogs. He prepared his firing stance "Blood manipulation: piercing blood!"

Choso started firing towards megumi without any hesitation, his aiming was perfect. You remained stunned and shock, unable to speak as they were all of a sudden fighting, without you knowing the reasons. "Wha-"

But you can feel that there's something lying underneath, the way megumi didn't hesitate to fight  back because he was the type that's never giving a damn, except when it's important. And choso on the other hand, who followed you all the way and was eager to hurt and as well almost killed megumi ever since you and megumi went to the secluded spot earlier while you were attempting to heal him.

Megumi's toads attacked choso with their lethal, poisonous tongues, whilst choso tried to keep his distance and utilize his own Blood manipulation abilities to fire piercing blood in momentum at megumi.

"Y/n you have to get out of here!" Choso warned and yelled whilst focusing on striking megumi.

'No they can't keep fighting because why the heck.!' You mumbled to yourself in distress, ignoring his warning and instead trying to catch up with them.

Suddenly, the two of them was utterly lost in their fights, their movements erratic and destructive. They were almost out of sight from you and had almost roamed about the place, knocking over buildings and uprooting trees.

"CHOSO!! MEGUMI!!" You yelled at them from the distance, and you ran as quickly as you could, rushing towards them and attempting to get in between the two to separate them.

It took you so long as you struggled, but you eventually reached out to them with a look of frustration and with a hint of anger.

"Why the hell are you two fighting all of a sudden!" You pushed them away from each other, making them stumble backwards hardly. But their eyes was still locked to each other, full of hatred.

You were so so confused

"He started it first!" Megumi grumbled.

"Says the one, who summoned frogs." Choso grunted in annoyance and folded his arms.

"What about this?" Megumi lifted his uniform top slightly, just enough for choso to see what he did, the huge wound across his stomach.

"About that." Choso scoffed nonchalantly before turning to face you.

"Don't act so calm!!"

"Or what?"

"Enough already can you?!!" You snapped with a sigh of exasperation.

You were uncertain, whether to grab megumi's or choso's arm. But instead, you quickly gripped choso's arm and pulled him away once again from megumi.

Choso didn't pulled back and he lets you pull him despite him being a lot larger than you, you were able to drag him with ease to stop any further fights between them.