The Shredder Strikes Back, Part 1

There are times in your life when you draw on everything you have. Times when you reach down into the deepest part of yourself. When you know you've gotta give it your all, because anything less won't get the job done. 

- Jesse

It's in times like these that you find out who you really are. That is, if you live long enough. - Leo

Next Day, At April O'Neil's Apartment

Splinter is kneeling in an easy chair, while six of the turtles are sleeping soundly on or near the couch. Donnie's foot drifts down from the top of the couch and nears Mikey's face, causing said turtle to sniff the air. "Ugh, jeez, what died?" Mikey asks himself while he bats Donnie's foot away. Mikey turns his face into his pillow and goes back to sleep.

Splinter's eyes open at the sound of a window being raised behind him is Leo and Jesse. "Your morning training, my son?" Splinter asks Leo. "Yes, Sensei, while the city's still quiet and Jesse will be joining me." Leo said to him as Splinter walks over to them. "Your discipline is commendable, Leonardo and Jesse. Have a good run." Splinter said to them before the two can leave Splinter talks again. "But I trust that you are not thinking of going back to scout the lair?" Splinter asks them making Leo grimaces and then forces a smile before turning to face his father. "Why would I do that? Just because the sewer tunnels are overrun with Foot ninja, so we're forced to hide here at April's like cowards?" Leo asks him making Jesse look at him. "You ask a question that is not a question. If we are to succeed against our foes, we will need to act together, as a team, not as rash individuals." Splinter said to him. "I understand, Master Splinter. I am curious though, with Shredder gone, what are the Foot ninja up to?" Leo asks him. "Patience my son. I have a feeling we will find out, all too soon." Splinter said to him then Splinter returns to his chair and looks back to see that Leo and Jesse was gone.

Leo and Jesse jump onto a rooftop and Jesse looks over at Leo who was looking at the building below. "What you thinking about?" Jesse asks him as she walks over to him. "I am thinking about a race." Leo said to her making Jesse smile at him. Then Jesse and Leo were running rooftops, leaping from building to building. As they make a jump over an alleyway, they don't see the Foot ninja below, who have spotted them. They leap onto the rooftop behind them and give chase.

As one nears Leo and Jesse, he raises his sword, and it is then that the two turtles senses a presence. The Foot ninja bounds upwards, ready to strike suddenly Leo and Jesse knee down to the ground, causing the ninja to fly over them and hit the wall of the outbuilding just ahead. Jesse and Leo turns to see three more ninja making the two pull out their weapons then Leo looks up to see several ninja above them as well. Before the ninja can strike, Leo grabs Jesse and he puts her arms around his neck then he uses the fallen ninja as a springboard and grabs an overhead line, slicing it and then swinging onto a rooftop a few buildings away. "That was quick thinking." Jesse said to him as she lets go of Leo. "We are not out of the woods yet." Leo said to her as the Foot were running at them. "Great." Jesse said to him and the two run away.

Back at the apartment, Mikey flips onto his shell with his hand propped against the back of the couch then his hand suddenly falls and smacks him in his own face. "Whoa!" Mikey screams waking up the other turtles and Mikey's brothers jump to their feet, weapons drawn. "What? What is it?" Raph asks him. "Ha, ha, ha. Oh man, I slept on my hand and it got numb and hit my face, and I thought somebody slapped me." Mikey said to them making Donnie looks over at Cheyenne. "Don't you hate that?" Mikey asks them. "Words fail me." Raph said to him then Raph gives Jamey a morning kiss before he heads for the bathroom, but Mikey runs to catch up, and then does a flip over his head to get to the door first. "First dibs on the bathroom." Mikey said to him then he slams the door in Raph's face. Raph bangs his head against the door. "Ugh." Raph sighs.