15. Lady(?)

Jungkook's world was upside down as he was sprawled on the bed like a star-fish, with his head hanging downwards from the edge of the bed. The map that he had earlier snugged with himself, was also spread on the bed beside him. He had taken one hour trying to study the map but he couldn't understand it.

He once again looked at the map as he tried to figure it out from every direction nevertheless all the technical words used were making it even harder.

"Maybe I could take a tour?" He thought to himself.
"I hope they will not be suspicious..."

Flashback:

Taehyung and Jungkook were having their breakfast in silence when the former decided to speak suddenly.

"You won't be locked in the room..."

Jungkook looked up to see Taehyung's face to make sure that he was actually speaking to him.

"Huh?"

"You can roam around the mansion if you want, but..."

' Ofc there will be a condition attached...'

"...you have to stay within the mansion. Not a foot outside the doors or be ready to be locked again."

Jungkook pondered over it for some time, before nodding slowly, "Yes..."

Taehyung gave a small smile before he continued eating. Jungkook did the same.

End of flashback~

Jungkook got out of his room while looking in each direction carefully, to see if anyone was keeping guard on him. Seeing the route clear, he slowly tiptoed towards the grand staircase which led the way downstairs. He carefully looked around one more time. There was nothing much to find on this floor. On either side, there was a hallway with a few doors fixed on the wall. They probably were guest rooms like the one Jungkook was staying in. Just opposite the mouth of the staircase was an open balcony where two beautiful lounge chairs were fixed.

Jungkook slowly tiptoed down the stairs with cat-like precision. His eyes sharply scrutinized the large spacious hall. A big glassy chandelier adorned the ceiling, and Jungkook was mesmerized by its beauty. He paused to admire it. While descending the stairs he could feel other people noticing him. They didn't look alarmed by him but they became a little vigilant
'He must have informed them..' Jungkook thought.

Moving downstairs, he stood by the side of the staircase trying to conceal himself from others' eyes. He looked around trying to decide where to go. He remembered from last time that the meeting hall was in the left wing of the mansion. He wanted to avoid that place due to a previous incident and, so decided to take a look at the right wing.

The right wing consisted of a spacious kitchen, dining area, small bar, and game area. All of them were connected as there were no walls to separate them. But there were glass doors that could be closed if needed. The large windows on the wall allowed ample amount of sunlight to enter the whole mansion. Jungkook had to admit that the whole mansion was an architectural marvel. From the modern designs on the walls to the subtle carvings on the door and windows, the house screamed richness and elegance. Jungkook passed through the dining area and went to take a peek at the kitchen.

Two maids were working in the kitchen; Jungkook recognized them as they had served him breakfast in the morning. He continued to watch them working like a curious kid he was.

"Do you need something?"

Jungkook was startled by the sudden voice that came from behind him. He immediately looked back. It was Ella, the head maid.