#003

the muted light of morning crept through the half-closed blinds, casting a pale glow on the remnants of a night steeped in regret. yeonjun's eyes fluttered open, the weight of his hangover settling like a fog over his consciousness. he winced as he sat up, hand instinctively reaching for his temple, fingers tangling in the unruly strands of his disheveled hair.

"shit, my head hurts like hell."

the room spun momentarily, a dizzying dance that mirrored the chaos within. the air carried the unmistakable scent of stale alcohol and his gaze fell on the empty bottles scattered beside his bed. "fuck, why'd i drink a lot?" he murmured, the question hanging in the air, and as he rose, his bare body came into contact with the chillness of the room.

stumbling, yeonjun entered the living room, the silence broken only by his footsteps. strangely, a subtle unease settled within him. 

"did someone come in last night?" he asked himself, walking around his home cautiously to check for signs of foreign entries. though, he was proven otherwise. weird.

the worn leather of the couch greeted yeonjun as he sank into its familiar embrace, the throbbing echo of his hangover a persistent companion. his fingers massaged his temples as if trying to physically dispel the lingering ache.

as he settled into the couch, the world around him faded, giving way to the vivid hues of a haunting memory.

the convenience store's flickering fluorescent lights, the crisp night air that greeted him as he stepped outside—each detail etched itself into the canvas of his mind. his footsteps echoed against the quiet streets as he walked to the convenience store that night.

entering the store, the hum of the refrigerators, the distant chime of the entrance bell—it all played in sync. at a nondescript aisle, he glimpsed her, his ex, moving through the aisles with a stranger at her side.

"baby, no! hahahaha!" his ex girlfriend laughed, smacking her new boyfriend. yeonjun watched with a heavy heart. that used to be him. 

his breath hitched and heart seeming to pause once caught in the silent realization that she had moved on while he remained entangled in the threads of their shared past. the groceries in his hands became heavy with the weight of unspoken emotions, and the world seemed to blur at the edges as the pain of the present collided with the memories of what once was.

the realization hit him like a wave, crashing against the shores of his consciousness. the sight of her with someone new was a visceral reminder that the chapters of their shared story had closed for her, even as he found himself trapped in the ink-stained pages of their unfinished narrative. clenching his jaw, he returned all the stuff he held and went straight to where all the alcohol beverages were at. he grabbed 10 bottles and 5 cans without hesitation, chucking them into the basket and hurriedly went to check out.

"so that's why." tongue-tied, he closed his eyes. she looked happier with him. was i not good enough for her? fuck, i can't get over her. it's been a year already.

yeonjun hissed, feeling his head hurt. again, he felt the feeling of being watched. "i must be going crazy," he reasoned, "yeah, my ex is making me go crazy." he stood up and went to his room to freshen up.

unbeknownst to him, the cupid was towering over him. she had connected herself to his flashback to learn more. and, now that she knew a bit more of his issues, she was determined to help him.

that is if he was ready to accept the celestial energy she offers to him.