Chapter 8

Troye 

I didn't want Emma to turn up.

I love her, I really do. But she's my manager, and there's a line between being concerned and giving advise, and then there's actually invading my privacy. I didn't like how she decided to raise her voice when she knew someone was in the room. When I opened the door to her, I regretted not coming up with a decent plan to hide who was in the hotel room with me.

"Troye you've got a lot to be doing today, so I need you to be ready in the next hour or so" Emma said as she walked in the room. Her eyes traced around the floor, as if she expected me to have cleaned up a bit more. I felt a bit uneasy that she just walked in, considering I left the bedroom door slightly open.

"Okay thanks, do you mind just meeting me in the lobby?" I asked, knowing she was about to see right through me, but I just couldn't have her walk in on Tyler as she rambles on. She stopped pacing, before looking at me in the eye. 

"What? Why-" She paused, before her eyes went wide "oh my god Troye you have got to be joking" I closed my eyes then. Not quite ready to hear her speech. 

"Emma it's fine I'll meet you down there" I pleaded. I really wanted her to leave it alone, but I knew it was in my best interest. 

"Troye?! Do you not take my advise at all? I told you-" I slammed the door shut then before Tyler could here any more. "-that you can't be sleeping around like this! I'm worried about you. Please, just try to make an actual connection with someone...I don't want to have a go at you, but you're addicted to sex" I groaned like a teenager then. I knew that even though it wasn't what I wanted to hear, It was true. I was addicted, and I couldn't stop. But sex was a good and a decent distraction from everything. Each time I had sex, I focused on the present, not my future. Every time I had that kind of intimacy, I felt all my guilt and loneliness melt away because I let myself go, and I wasn't about to give it up because she was concerned. I was broken out of my thoughts when her voice lowered. 

"Troye I'm going to ask him to leave"

Emma was the only one who knew I was gay, she wouldn't normally use pronouns of any gender around me whether I was with people or not, to ensure it was kept secret. But that drew the line this time. 

"Emma stop. Don't do this." I said, glaring at her. I hated being like this with her. Ever since my career began, she's been like an older sister. But as I've dealt with issues, she's the one who had to come running after me. But I just couldn't let her intrude this time. 

"Troye what do you expect me to do? Say it's all fine and leave you to it? No, I can't. You're important to me Troye and I can't let you carry on this way" She headed towards the door before I made one last attempt to persuade her to stop. 

"Please Emma, He's different" 

Emma paused. I felt a wave of embarrassment wash over me as I admitted that out loud. It was difficult for me not to turn away from her as she turned to face me. 

"He's what?" She said, still sceptical, but now a little more curious. 

"I've been with him before and...I invited him over again, so please, just drop it" I begged. I had my hands down my sides, as if doing so would restrain her movements, or at least make me feel less uneasy. I really didn't like this mushy talk, it made me feel so uncomfortable. I was at least a little bit relieved that it was only Emma that was hearing this. 

"Right...Okay" She said, looking emotionless and looking at the floor, as if deep in thought. I refused to move as I watched her thinking, and I couldn't help but bite my lip harshly while waiting for an answer. "I'll let you off this time Troye, but I swear, If you continue bringing all these prostitutes in here-"