Chapter 14

*4 week time skip*

Tyler

Taking my time as I folded my clothes, I noticed how uneasy I was beginning to feel. The overwhelming reminder that I was travelling to Perth, with Troye, was beginning to consume me and the more I thought about it the more unsure I felt about what was going on between us.

I knew he enjoyed my company, I knew that we were somewhat more than friends, but I never dared speak of how I felt attached to him, how I wanted us to have those long talks like couples do, how I sometimes just wanted to kiss him rather than make it a routine of only sleeping with him, not that I minded too much.

As I took a moment to calm down, I was immediately interrupted again when Troye entered the room, oblivious to how much he had an impact on my nerves when he entered a room.

"Um..." Troye mumbled, immediately getting my attention and my eyes on him. He looked lost as to what to say, but after a couple of months of knowing him, I knew the best thing was to be patient. He would be more likely to speak up if I allowed him time to chip in, rather than speak over his thoughts. After a couple of minutes, he seemed to have his words together.

"I have our tickets for tomorrow, and Emma just checked our bags in online so we only have wait for a small amount of time" He said, his voice quite and his eyes darting around the room, seemingly to avoid my eyes, "Only problem is, we haven't got seats together, I'm sorry"

Just before I was about to make a joke saying 'how dare you, that is not expectable!' until I looked up at him directly. He was looking down, almost looking slightly ashamed of himself.

"Hey-" I said, walking over to him and putting a hand on just shoulder. "It really isn't an issue, it may be a long flight but we'll both probably be asleep for most of it anyway, it's not problem really."

He looked up to my eyes then, probably for the first time since we started talking, and a worrying amount of relief washed over his face. What did he think I was going to say, or do?

Suddenly, a concerning realisation washed over me. Was he scared...I would hurt him? Has he been in a scenario like this before?

"Troye?" I asked carefully, being careful not to sound to sudden or intrusive. He hummed in response, still looking a bit on edge as he waited for me to continue. "Are you alright? has something happened?"

He opened his mouth to speak, and immediately closed it again, the concern grew in my stomach, but I continued to wait, knowing that I really had to know what was going on if something had happened. We had been together for the past few weeks, I needed him to tell me if something was wrong.

"You know... that person I said I didn't want to see while back in Perth?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, they called a few weeks ago, and they just called...again"

I waited to process his words, I desperately wanted to know who this person was and what they wanted from him.

"Is he like...a stalker?"

"No." he said, clearly confident in his answer. "We haven't spoken before now, I think he wants to speak with me when I return home"

"Do you want to?"

"No, I really don't"

I thought in silence over the situation. It seemed from the sounds of it that this guy was an ex of some sort, and I sure as hell never wanted to see mine when I returned to the same town he lived in. Even so, I never showed the same fear that Troye had been when he had to speak about this 'person'. It was as if something extremely serious had happened, so serious in fact that not only did he not want to talk about it, but it could have been the reason for his strange behaviour.